iTunes not recognizing iPhone

seavee

Dec 7, 2007
"unable to connect to iTunes"
iTunes does not read iPhone when I plug it in, or when I open iTunes.

meiphones_brill

Silver
Nov 16, 2007
"unable to connect to iTunes"
iTunes does not read iPhone when I plug it in, or when I open iTunes.
Is the phone connected via a hub? This can cause your iTunes not to see the phone - failing that it's probably a dodgy cable, or a wobbly iTunes installation.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Download and install the latest iTunes, and restart. Then plug in to the main USB, it must be USB 2.0 version, if not get a new card.

What is your OS, and machine.

dinosaur1

Silver
Nov 10, 2007
can you open iTunes on the iPhone itself also or is that not possible?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
can you open iTunes on the iPhone itself also or is that not possible?

Now that is a good question, but no you can't even if on your own wifi. You can go to iTunes to buy music if on wifi and press the pink button on your phone.

seavee

Dec 7, 2007
fixed, somewhat.

I used my laptop instead of my pc, which usually works. I went to my pc and installed 7.4.3 I think and still didn't work. Installed it to the laptop and it worked, and i got the 1.1.1 update on it fine.

Just sold my iPhone 30 seconds after it was listed an hour ago in ebay.

$350 Buy Now - SOLD lol don't care if i lost money probably drop in price after xmas and thereon.

thanks guys.

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I used my laptop instead of my pc, which usually works. I went to my pc and installed 7.4.3 I think and still didn't work. Installed it to the laptop and it worked, and i got the 1.1.1 update on it fine.

Just sold my iPhone 30 seconds after it was listed an hour ago in ebay.

$350 Buy Now - SOLD lol don't care if i lost money probably drop in price after xmas and thereon.

thanks guys.

WHY did you sell it?