iTunes on iPhone...Buying a song through your AT&T account or through iTunes?

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Im confused here. If I buy a song on my iPhone through the iTunes icon...does it get charged to my AT&T bill, or through my normal billing methods of iTunes?

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Interesting. I have 80 free songs through my iTunes account...will it use those or charge me?

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
Interesting. I have 80 free songs through my iTunes account...will it use those or charge me?
80 free songs? good god, how did you get that many?

yes, it will use those - i had a few free songs on my account through the starbucks promotion and that's how it was handled...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Say you have an iTunes account setup on your computer. If your iPhone uses the same Wi-Fi as that computer, then the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account.

However, if you are using Wi-Fi that does not have an iTunes account set up on it, such as Starbucks, then the purchase will be charged to your bill.

BTW: I was at friends house the other night. He has Wi-Fi with his iTunes account on it. I downloaded a couple of songs courtesy of his account... :)

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007
Say you have an iTunes account setup on your computer. If your iPhone uses the same Wi-Fi as that computer, then the purchase will be charged to your iTunes account.

However, if you are using Wi-Fi that does not have an iTunes account set up on it, such as Starbucks, then the purchase will be charged to your bill.

BTW: I was at friends house the other night. He has Wi-Fi with his iTunes account on it. I downloaded a couple of songs courtesy of his account... :)
Awesome.

And the 80 free songs came from that Facebook/Ticket Master thing. Already used 50 of them...80 left!

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007

How? :eek:

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Well, his Wi-Fi is unlocked, and if your iPhone is using Wi-Fi that has iTunes on it, it automatically connects to that account.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Well, his Wi-Fi is unlocked, and if your iPhone is using Wi-Fi that has iTunes on it, it automatically connects to that account.
Thief!

Seriously, I would be pissed if my "friend" was using my account to get their music; its not like the songs are free and personally, if someone can afford to spend $600/400 on an iPhone or Touch, then they need to be able to pay for their own songs.

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
how does this happen? whenever i use the iTunes store on my iPhone, it's on my account - i am prompted for my password with every purchase. are you using your friend's account name and password?

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
how does this happen? whenever i use the iTunes store on my iPhone, it's on my account - i am prompted for my password with every purchase. are you using your friend's account name and password?
Got me wondering the same thing now. Each time I make a purchase I must enter my password.

Dallas Phil

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I think, but not 100% sure, that it uses the Apple iTunes account that the iPhone was synced to. I had some credit from my $100 rebate that I bought iTunes gift cards. When I was in a nother city at my brothers I hooked into his WiFi and downloaded songs. It used my iTunes account and even knew that I had credit that it applies my purchases to.