iTunes PC: Adding CD to iTunes, not transferring to iPod/iPhone

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by sled14, Nov 30, 2014.

1. sled14

sled14 Member
    Bronze

Hello

I've had this problem in the past, and unfortunately iTunes is acting up again. I bought a physical CD and import it into iTunes through the program, and it shows up in my library correctly. I then go and sync my iPhone and iPod and it doesn't transfer the album. I've synced it probably 5 times on both iPod and iPhone and still nothing. When I go to see what is on this iPod/iPhone, it shows the album and song with a dashed circle to the left, as you can see in the image below.

Any guidance as to get the CD to transfer? I remember this being a huge headache last time it did the same thing.

Thanks for any help!

Attached Files:

#1 sled14, Nov 30, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2014
  2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Try unsyncing all of your music on the iPhone, rebooting the phone and the computer, then syncing your music again.

If that doesn't work, you'll have to re-create your iTunes library.
    http://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201561

3. sled14

sled14 Member
    Bronze

I tried that along with other options, eventually turning off Wifi on my iPhone and syncing with it off worked. It ended up deleting most of my songs then putting them back on. Now even though the songs have an artist listed with them it shows up as Unknown Artist on my iPhone but not iTunes.