iTunes Pricing

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
I just noticed something interesting. I'm creating a new playlist of songs and I'm getting what I need from various sources. I'm buying a few songs directly from iTunes.

When I purchased a song a few minutes ago, it came from an Album that was priced at 9.99. Individual songs on the album were priced at 99 cents each, and there were 14 songs on this particular album.

After purchasing the song I needed for $0.99, I noticed that the album price had dropped to an even $9.00. Apparently a single song purchase is credited toward the purchase of a full album later if you change your mind and decide to go that route.

Has anyone else noticed this before?

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I just noticed something interesting. I'm creating a new playlist of songs and I'm getting what I need from various sources. I'm buying a few songs directly from iTunes.

When I purchased a song a few minutes ago, it came from an Album that was priced at 9.99. Individual songs on the album were priced at 99 cents each, and there were 14 songs on this particular album.

After purchasing the song I needed for $0.99, I noticed that the album price had dropped to an even $9.00. Apparently a single song purchase is credited toward the purchase of a full album later if you change your mind and decide to go that route.

Yes. They offer the opportunity to complete the album. I have several like that. But there's not many albums that I like all the songs on, outside of the "Best Of" type. I just get the songs I like.

bballrob

Genius
Gold
Oct 11, 2009
Alaska
ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1390232939.906444.jpg
@chris, any reason why I'm still getting ads? Anyone else having this issue?

Docd

Contributor
Silver
Oct 16, 2011

This is also true when you purchase TV shows. The whole season price drops after each episode purchased.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Njshoremom4gurlz

Contributor
Silver
Sep 13, 2011
Beat thing is I buy 50$ at a time and love iTunes! I will always always own my music.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk