iTunes question ! Help Please

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Ok and this may be a strange question, but in my iTunes library i have 1500 songs and am trying to sync them all to my iPhone 3g, but when i do it only transfers 480 to my iPhone ! is this because i have lost my music files on my home p-c ? and now i don't no what to do to get them all to my phone , hope somebody can help as now i have 1500 records sitting in my iTunes library and am baffled why they wont sync to my phone, so can somebody tell me another way of geeting to my phone, ie do i have to back them up onto disc and then restore back up? will that work, oh also i have the 16gb iPhone 3g and have still 11.5 gb free space, and the iTunes library has 1500 songs totalling 6.5 gb...Help please and thankyou from brian..

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
You may have various playlists in iTunes. Plug your phone into iTunes. Select your device (your phone) go to music and make sure the sync all music box is checked. This way every playlist will be synced. If this does not work, your songs very well may show up in the library but may not be on your pc anymore or they may have been moved to a file that iTunes is not set to see.

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
are you able to play all of the songs that don't transfer to your iPhone in iTunes? Or do you ever get messages saying "iTunes can't locate this file..."?

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
hi and thanks

Hi and thankyou for your reply, yes your correct when i try and play certain files within iTunes i get an error message saying that the file i click to play cant be found ! so is this because ive lost them within my p-c? wow this is guna take me a long time to delete them manually from within iTunes as it will only sync 500 out of 1500 ! is there anything elase i can do or is it easy anough just to start again , ie delete all and start from fresh?
Again thankyou for your help

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
apologies !

Oops im so sorry as realised my post has been moved, sorry again for posting in wrong section, im a newbie to this ,

Thankyou

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
it's possible they're still on your computer, but not where iTunes is looking. If you know where they are located, you can direct iTunes to look there by going to Preferences->advanced->iTunes music folder location, and navigating to the folder where they all are.

If you don't know where they are on your computer, you can go to File->add folder to library, and just pick your My Documents, or even your c:\ if you want to be really thorough... that should find any music or videos in that directory and add them to your library.

readbmr

Bronze
Aug 28, 2008
Hi and thankyou

Hi , ive done a search and yes it looks like ive deleted them all ! or my daughter did ! so what do i do now, do i have to delete all within iTunes and then shall i just start again, also if helps im getting new p-c in a weeks time so does that mean i will have to start all over again from fresh, if thats the only way i don't mind, and waiting till get new p-c, oh also when i get new p-c will i lise everything on my phone ? gets confusing this ! lol,

Again many many thanks for your kind help.

Brian