iTunes random sync misses/mistakes

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
iTunes Sync Errors (New Problem!)

I'm using 7.3.2, though admittedly I hadn't been paying close enough attention prior to the latest update.

I've noticed what seems to be random errors or mistakes in the sync to my library. For instance, a particular artist just gets randomly left off, even though I double checked he was checked to be sync-ed. Other random things like album art not transferring over, even though it is clearly updated in iTunes.

Nothing serious, but definitely a bit strange. Anyone else see anything like this? I should also mention I'm on Windows Vista, which has been causing strange problems with iTunes anyway.

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
I can cope with the album art screwups. What bothers me is that it's not always syncing my smart playlists right. My list is supposed to be songs I haven't heard in 2 months, yet it continues to put songs I just heard last week on the phone.

rittchard

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
New problem, even stranger.

I migrated my music library over to a Mac (from Vista), thinking it would get better and more consistent syncing with the iPhone. First few weeks were great.

Last night I did a sync, and a ton of my songs decided not to sync (or iTunes decided for me I should say). I checked and re-checked all my settings, but nothing had really changed. Except for a bunch of songs that should have been sunced getting wiped off. I typically don't sync my whole library, just checked items. I'm getting around 200 songs on the iPhone instead of (I think) about 500.

I did restore and install iFuntastic last night, but that was all AFTER the strange sync problem. After the restore, it re-sync-ed and did the exact same thing.

Any ideas?