iTunes rarely recognizes my iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Dartman

Jun 12, 2007
Hmm. Lately, more often than not, I have iTunes running, plug in my iPhone, see the spinning color wheel for a min or so, and NOTHING else happens. No error, no crash, just no iPhone recognized. So, I quit iTunes and try again and ... usually nothing happens again. Maybe 1/6 times, it recognizes my iPhone and syncs.

Has anyone else experienced this or have any suggestions? I am using a Mac and have the latest iPhone update. I have never made any mods to the phone. I love my iPhone, but this is rather frustrating...

Nickscotti

Jul 1, 2007
I've had the same problem. I plug in my iPhone and iPhoto pops up but it doesn't register in iTunes. And on the Apple website it just says restart and check connections, it's the weirdest thing, I have no clue what's going on.

nobbie

Bronze
Jul 23, 2007
Okay, this happens to me, too. The only good thing about this is knowing I'm not the only one having this issue!

Bluesy1

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Southern CA
Yes. Happened to me twice in the last three days. Trash your iTunes application (just the app, nothing else). Go to Apple site and download/install iTunes again (7.3.2). Plugging in iPhone should launch iTunes app as before.

arothman

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Mine's doing that now and then, but more often it will stop mid-sync and tell me the iPhone isn't connected.

dsan79

Jul 22, 2007
Same here, after the update to iTunes and patch for my iPhone. My computer doesn't want to allow iTunes to sync with my phone, even though on my dads computer, iTunes instantly picks up my phone. What's going on?

Bannod

Bronze
Aug 11, 2007
At the beach, WA
I also have a problem with iTunes sometimes not recognizing my iPhone. I have a Dell XPS 410 with Vista and the latest update for iTunes.

I didn't have any problems until I started downloading podcasts. Once a podcast is downloaded to iTunes, it won't see my phone. I have to reboot in order for the podcast to sync to my phone. :mad: