iTunes Receipts?

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by AeroCare, Jul 27, 2009.

1. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

How or where do I get a receipt for anything I buy on iTunes? I was expecting an email once I downloaded but haven't received anything.

I found on iTunes where I can see my Purchase History but it won't even let me print that page!

2. You should get an email receipt within one or two days. Have you checked your spam folder?
  3. Avatar

Sponsored Advertisement

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I get a reply up to 2 days from the time of purchase. You have to remember that people from across the planet, who download from the appstore all get these receipts as well. Thats a lot of information to get through.

Whichever email address you have registered to your iTunes account- you will receive a receipt. Your email address doesn't have to be the same as your Apple Account.
  5. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

I just bought and downloaded it today. I always get an email or something I can print when I buy things on the internet and I buy from bigger companies than Apple. Why wouldn't they just let you print the Purchase History page like everybody else in the world?

Of course this being Apple I guess they do everything their own way and I'll just have to get used to it.

Thanks !

6. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

you could always just hit the print screen button if all else fails.. :sneaky:
  7. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

It's not available. It shows as light gray. It'll let you click on Page Setup and chose a printer but the printer isn't available and you can't "Select All" or "Copy and Paste" or "CTRL-P" either. I've tried everything.

8. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I'm not sure what the keyboard buttons are on the PC but I'm sure it's something along the lines of CTRL-PrintScreen

-Please correct me if I'm wrong anybody.

I'm too used to using my mac(s), isn't grab awesome.
  9. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

Yeah that's the same as CTRL-P I just mentioned.
  10. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

No.. I'm positively certain that CTRL-P opens up your print screen.

Where as CTRL-PrintScreen is something different. There two separate keys. I don't know if your computerl literate or not but I'm sure the PrintScreen button is above the arrow keys.

I Haven't been on a PC for about a year properly so I'm struggling but im 99% sure. As I recall, when you press CTRL-PS it saves basically a screen shot into documents/pictures or something. Take a look.

(same as before, if I'm wrong people, then feel free to correct me)
  11. There should also be a Print Screen key on a PC keyboard that will put an image of the screen into the clipboard.
  12. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

thanks kev,

Once you've hit the printscreen button.

Open up 'word' and press CTRL-V then you can print away to your hearts content
  13. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

Like I said previously I've tried everything I just didn't mention all the possible key combinations. On my HP laptop there's also the FN or function key and a combination of that with PRT/SC also gives you a print screen but like I said I've tried everything and nothing makes it print.
  14. AeroCare

AeroCare Zealot

Just noticed something. When I'm not connected to the iTunes Store I have PRINT available. As soon as I log into my account it goes light gray and not available.
  15. duvi

duvi New Member

It's Print Screen only. Ctrl is only needed when pasting using Ctrl+V. You can paste it in Paint (or any app that allows this).
  16. 45north

45north New Member

iTunes Receipts

The iTunes account history should allow you to print the history. Right now, iTunes sends me the receipts by e-mail. I print them to pdf files and store them. It would be better if I could print the account history but everything is designed to frustrate me.

First the print button is greyed out

Second the batch numbering scheme is backwards the oldest batch is 12 and the newest batch is 1. So if you saved each batch as a pdf such as iTunes12.pdf to iTunes1.pdf then the next one would be iTunes0.pdf and then iTunes-1.pdf.

I really think iTunes doesn't want me to store the purchase history as pdfs?