iTunes restore problem...

Classick

Bronze
Nov 21, 2007
I'm on Mac OS 10.5.6. At first I couldn't get into DFU mode, so I downloaded the Automator patch from Hackintosh. Now I successfuly get into DFU mode but once I select my custom build for the restore, it says there's an error.

What could be the problem with this?

The iPhone is a 3g by the way, and I followed the iClarified tutorial on Jailbreaking.

http://www.iclarified.com/entry/index.php?enid=1558

Last edited by a moderator:

iNinja

Zealot
Gold
Aug 8, 2008
UK
If i were you, i would jailbreak on a windows PC, then sync on a mac... or you could try this.

Updates from the iPhone dev blog:blog.iphone-dev.org

Quote:
Update 3: If you get Error 1600 from iTunes (or if you see in your log a failure to prepare x12220000_4_Recovery.ipsw), try: mkdir ~/Library/iTunes/”Device Support” ; if that directory already exists, remove any files in it. Then re-run PwnageTool.

Update 5: If DFU restores are giving you trouble, another route to pwned 2.0 for 1G owners is to use our first pwnage at 1.1.4. Once you are pwned there, you can do a normal recovery-mode restore to your custom 2.0 ipsw. BTW the iPhone does *not* need to be pre-pwned to be able to DFU-restore into a pwned ipsw — it needs to be pre-pwned only for normal recovery-mode restores of custom ipsw’s.

Update 6: Mail application not working at 2.0? Please restore to your custom ipsw (you don’t need to DFU restore if you are pwned, normal restore will work now too) but then select “Set up as a new iPhone” when iTunes asks. Your first sync will bring back all of your settings anyway.