iTunes says songs did not sync?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by llrickman, Oct 5, 2012.

1. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Ok i just synced my phone. Updated my apps and during the sync it said xxxx wasn't synced because it could not be found. was 100 songs. I look through iTunes and cant find them yet they are all still on my Phone wth?

I have never had something like this happen before any clues?

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

Could the location(s) of the files have changed? Maybe on an external drive or something?

3. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

Sorry it looks as if almost my entire iTunes library is gone. A few song remain the folders are all there but nothing in 99% of them . Videos, music, everything apps are still there it seems

4. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

Did you scan your hard drive for the files? You can use Spotlight on a Mac or Windows Explorer on a PC. I'm suspecting there's a pointing glitch vs. a delete of all these files. Do you back up your hard drive?

5. llrickman

llrickman Contributor
    Silver

yes i did i was on the phone for over an hour and a half with a senior advisor from Apple. He was baffled we searched spotlight and they are gone, over 1000 files. Not only music in my iTunes folder , i had a 2 or 3 iTunes folders in a folder on my desktop of my niece and a couple of friends. All the folders ( each artist) are still there and everyone is empty.

I have no idea what happened . I was able to re download all my purchased songs , not a lot 150 or so my library is mainly ripped cd's

Good thing is i have a time machine backup, bad thing it hasn't been backed up in about 6mos. I just don't have the room for my hd's right now and my father in law has slow dsl. I am thinking about going ahead and getting high speed internet just for my wife and i she is going to be starting UNM in January and we need a faster connection that his

Setting up my ex HD's and my airport extreme somewhere in a another room where i can find space

6. jmp316

jmp316 Evangelist
    Gold

This is exactly why I still buy physical CDs as well. You never know when something bad may happen. A PITA for sure, but glad you can re-rip your CDs. Time Machine is awesome, but as you mentioned, works much better on fast Internet.