iTunes says there are no new updates?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
When I sync my iPhone, iTunes says that my software is current. Why would this be?
It looked for an update yesterday and so it is not scheduled to look again for a few more days. There should be a check for update button on the main iPhone tab.

jacobjester

Bronze
Sep 20, 2007
Kansas City, MO
Yes, I did that too. It says that the old version is the current version.

Now what?

It looked for an update yesterday and so it is not scheduled to look again for a few more days. There should be a check for update button on the main iPhone tab.

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
When I hit the update button in iTunes it tells me that version 1.0.2 is the latest and greatest firmware. I am running iTunes 7.4.0 but am hesitant to update iTunes. I have tried rebooting my pc several times but I keep getting that no updates are available. Has anyone been able to update iPhone from iTunes 7.4.0?

420greg

Silver
Jun 26, 2007
Orlando, Florida
Yes, I did that too. It says that the old version is the current version.

Now what?
Are you using the latest iTunes? 7.4.2 ?

Looks like from a few other post that you may need the current version of iTunes to get the iPhone update.

Aug 11, 2007
I'm on 7.4.0.28 and having the same problem. Check for updates tells me that I have the current version (1.0.2). I really don't want to update iTunes (want my ringtones). Anyone have any ideas?

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
Man, it looks like I'll have to update iTunes first. I was hoping to keep my ringtones but I guess it's bye bye. As an experiment I am copying my ringtones to a separate folder (I created them by converting to AAC and changing the file name before importing them). After I update iTunes I'll try importing them again. I really hope the iTunes update will allow me to update the firmware to 1.1.1.

cdinca

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
I'm on a mac, and iTunes 7.4.0 and it found the 1.1.1 update no problem.

mceis

Jul 9, 2007
Thanks for that update from Apple. It's strange that PC owners would have to update iTunes, but Mac users don't.