iTunes seeing my iPod touch as an iPhone instead of a touch

hutch

Jan 5, 2008
what can I do to tell iTunes it is an ipod touch, not an iPhone, please help anyone, I am lost here, I cant get started , I am new to all this thanks,.... hutch

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
what can I do to tell iTunes it is an ipod touch, not an iPhone, please help anyone, I am lost here, I cant get started , I am new to all this thanks,.... hutch

Are you on a PC or a Mac, and what is your operating system and do you have iTunes 7.5?

hutch

Jan 5, 2008
Are you on a PC or a Mac, and what is your operating system and do you have iTunes 7.5?
I am on windows XP on a PC and do have iTunes 7.5, but I am still lost here, thanks in advance ... hutch

iStealth

Bronze
Nov 5, 2007
I am on windows XP on a PC and do have iTunes 7.5, but I am still lost here, thanks in advance ... hutch
Try first try to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. then try to sync.

Jan 12, 2008
I touch please help

Try first try to uninstall and reinstall iTunes. then try to sync.

I found a i touch about 3 weeks ago, and posted on my school bullentin borad, to see if some one would claim it...but its been 3 weeks and no one has...so I firgure i can keep it...but the proplem is that it is lock with a code....i did plug it in my iTunes , but i tunes tells me that i cant play it or open it because it is lock...what do I do...?

Jan 12, 2008
if I really cant do anything about it...should I take it to an Apple stor an just return it../

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I found a i touch about 3 weeks ago, and posted on my school bullentin borad, to see if some one would claim it...but its been 3 weeks and no one has...so I firgure i can keep it...but the proplem is that it is lock with a code....i did plug it in my iTunes , but i tunes tells me that i cant play it or open it because it is lock...what do I do...?

Try contecting and do a restore.

But you still may not get past the code, but give it a shot.

themanofthedark

Gold
Jan 5, 2008
Boston
if I really cant do anything about it...should I take it to an Apple stor an just return it../
Does DFU mode work on the touch?

Hold sleep and home until restarts, when Apple logo shows, let go of sleep

And then it should show a wire with iTunes.

Then you can restore.

I know this works in iPhone. The DFU mode I mean lol.