iTunes syncing photos into 2 folders - help!

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Jb6321, Dec 1, 2011.

1. Jb6321

Jb6321 New Member

I've searched Apple sites and other sites & looked around on here, but haven't come across anyone who seems to have this issue. I updated my iTunes about 2 weeks ago - to the newest version, and also updated my iPhone 4 to the newest version at the same time. My problem ever since then, is that when I sync my iPhone through iTunes, it's saving my pics onto my iPhone in 2 separate albums - one called "iPhone images", which is where I have them saved on my laptop...and one called "photo library".

I have 384 pictures - and it's saving all of them into both albums. I'm not sure how to fix this. I didn't have this problem before and I don't know if it's something I did or some sort of glitch or what. I've tried many different things - renaming the folders & re-syncing, deleting the folder & re-syncing, etc. but it either takes all the pictures off, or saves them into both albums.

Any ideas? It's driving me crazy and I've been messing with this for over a week now.

2. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

There should be a spot in iTunes that lets you Un check the folder / album on your pc that are being synced.

3. Jb6321

Jb6321 New Member

well, I have it set to sync photos from "my pictures" - which is where all my pics are on my laptop. When I uncheck that & sync the phone, it wipes all the pics off my phone except my camera roll. I'm doing everything the same way I did before I updated iTunes and the phone...but it's saving them into 2 exact albums now, it didn't do that before.

All I'm trying to do is get it to save all the pics from the "my pics" on my pc, to my iPhone...which it's doing...but it's just doing it twice, and I don't know why.

4. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

All photos are your iPhone will show up in the Photo Library. They will then show up in the folder you synced to. It may seem they are in there twice, but that is the way the iPhone works. Nothing is wrong.

5. Jb6321

Jb6321 New Member

I never noticed it doing that before? is it something with the new OS? before, I had "camera roll" and "my pics" and those were the only 2 albums on my phone.

6. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

It has been that way on all my iPhones. If you have 3 Albums, you will have Album 1, Album 2, Album 3, but the photos in each will all be in the Photo Library as well. Seems like a duplication, but it really isn't.

7. Jb6321

Jb6321 New Member

hmm...weird that I never noticed it before. Ok, thanks.

8. Mendo88

Mendo88 New Member

I have the same issue. I sorted it somehow but then resynced for the latest IOS and it happened again.

It should not be like it and is not normal.

9. Lon

Lon Evangelist
    Gold

Did you even bother to read the entire thread? Yes, it is normal. Like it or not.

10. bohrdom

bohrdom Guest

I had a related issue syncing my iPad. Not directly the same, but needs to be documented somewhere on the internet. :)

My iPad only had two album: Camera Roll and one album from a folder on my pictures. This was not correct - I had several different folders in my pictures that should have created many albums. So, I had to click on "Camera Roll" on the iPad's photos and that caused Photos to crash. But no worries - it came back, this time without the "Camera Roll" album available. Then, I used iTunes to "unsync" all of my photos (deleting everything), after which I still had the one randomly-selected album. I clicked on that one in the iPad's photo albums, which again caused Photos to crash. When I opened it back up, now it had no photos. So, I then went and synced photos again from iTunes and it re-populated all my albums perfectly.