iTunes trouble

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
My wife has a 4s and today she tried to update an app and it wouldn't let her. She also cannot download anything new. She's getting "cannot connect to iTunes Store." I did a hard reset. Signed out of iTunes and tried signing back in with the same result. We have good wifi as the other 3 iPhones in the house are working fine. Help?!?!

Sent using iCafe app

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
My wife has a 4s and today she tried to update an app and it wouldn't let her. She also cannot download anything new. She's getting "cannot connect to iTunes Store." I did a hard reset. Signed out of iTunes and tried signing back in with the same result. We have good wifi as the other 3 iPhones in the house are working fine. Help?!?!
Can you access the internet on Safari?

Here are a few things to try:

1. Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time

2. Power cycle your router.

3. Update the firmware on the phone.

Dec 15, 2008
Pensacola, FL
Is your wife getting any error code that can lead us to what is going on? Or are the issues only with iTunes?

Although I don't see how this would help, but have you done a restore through iTunes?

I'm unsure if this was said in your post, but does the iPhone show up in iTunes? Are you able to update the apps and download apps from there? If not then I'd suggest a restore.

Jaccks

Bronze
Mar 30, 2011
It just started working again, very strange. Discovered the issue when she went to update an app and it wouldn't. We then tied to DL a new app and it said can't connect to iTunes Store. Tried everything I know and some tips from here with no luck, about an hour later all was normal. Not sure what was wrong, maybe iTunes itself was having trouble. Thanks for the suggestions;)

Sent using iCafe app

dmoskaluk

Contributor
Bronze
Mar 22, 2013
Paynes Bay - Barbados
Sounds like the same type of issue I had on my first attempt to download iOS 7.0.4 for my 4S .....( via iTunes on my Mac ) 2 attempts "timed out" then an hour later all was fine . After the failed attempt, I attempted to download a song on to my iPad, and was also unable.... So I first ( after an hour) tried again, and the song download worked fine..... Then on to the computer and phone hookup and it was good too ..... Some kind of bottleneck at Apple I'd assume .... David

Sent using iCafe app

Ledsteplin

Genius
Gold
Oct 29, 2013
Florence, AL
I got the "cannot connect to iTunes" a lot on my iPhone 4. Even on 3G. But I've only gotten it a few times on my 5, and it's always brief.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app