iTunes trouble

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by Jaccks, Nov 22, 2013.

1. Jaccks

Jaccks Member
    Bronze

My wife has a 4s and today she tried to update an app and it wouldn't let her. She also cannot download anything new. She's getting "cannot connect to iTunes Store." I did a hard reset. Signed out of iTunes and tried signing back in with the same result. We have good wifi as the other 3 iPhones in the house are working fine. Help?!?!

Sent using iCafe app

2. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Can you access the internet on Safari?

Here are a few things to try:

1. Make sure your date, time, and time zone are correct in Settings > General > Date & Time

2. Power cycle your router.

3. Update the firmware on the phone.

3. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Is your wife getting any error code that can lead us to what is going on? Or are the issues only with iTunes?

Although I don't see how this would help, but have you done a restore through iTunes?

I'm unsure if this was said in your post, but does the iPhone show up in iTunes? Are you able to update the apps and download apps from there? If not then I'd suggest a restore.

4. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Restore is a last-ditch option.

5. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

You're right, it is.

To the OP, is your computer and your iPhone on the same wifi if necessary? I have trouble with iTunes, but its then due to one of the devices not being on the same wifi.

6. Jaccks

Jaccks Member
    Bronze

It just started working again, very strange. Discovered the issue when she went to update an app and it wouldn't. We then tied to DL a new app and it said can't connect to iTunes Store. Tried everything I know and some tips from here with no luck, about an hour later all was normal. Not sure what was wrong, maybe iTunes itself was having trouble. Thanks for the suggestions;)

Sent using iCafe app

7. dmoskaluk

dmoskaluk Contributor
    Bronze

Sounds like the same type of issue I had on my first attempt to download iOS 7.0.4 for my 4S .....( via iTunes on my Mac ) 2 attempts "timed out" then an hour later all was fine . After the failed attempt, I attempted to download a song on to my iPad, and was also unable.... So I first ( after an hour) tried again, and the song download worked fine..... Then on to the computer and phone hookup and it was good too ..... Some kind of bottleneck at Apple I'd assume .... David

Sent using iCafe app

8. alicepattinson

Bronze

@Euopa what is cycle your router? This is the first time I heard about this. I want to add more knowledge. hehe :) Thank you!

9. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Unplugging it for a couple minutes and then plugging it back in.

10. Ledsteplin

Ledsteplin Genius
    Gold

I got the "cannot connect to iTunes" a lot on my iPhone 4. Even on 3G. But I've only gotten it a few times on my 5, and it's always brief.

Sent on iPhone 5 using iCafe app