iTunes Update for iPhone

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

bvfd2775

May 11, 2007
Aiea, HI
I can imagine that with the extended functionality of the iPhone, that iTunes will need some level of revamp to get the best level of performance.

Will there be an iTunes update in the near future, or are we all 100% sure that the current version will handle the massive capabilities of our new "baby"?

Jun 13, 2007
I would think that the music might be able to sync with iTunes as it is, but there will probably be an update to take advantage of syncing e-mail accounts.

iJohn

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Long Island, NY
johnburke.tumblr.com
I have heard two stories...

One is saying that iTunes is prepared for the iPhone and connecting the device will bring up the ipod-style sync screen with all the various needed tabs.

The other says that the iPhone will be bundled with a new release of iTunes to be downloaded for use with the iPhone.

Both sound believable, but I'm no expert on how iTunes works as far as keeping things concealed.

Jun 13, 2007
I have heard two stories...

One is saying that iTunes is prepared for the iPhone and connecting the device will bring up the ipod-style sync screen with all the various needed tabs.

The other says that the iPhone will be bundled with a new release of iTunes to be downloaded for use with the iPhone.

Both sound believable, but I'm no expert on how iTunes works as far as keeping things concealed.
My iPod 60GB video came with an iTunes installation cd and the iPod installer software, but I had a more current version of iTunes than what was packed on the cd. Of course now the iPod software updater is integrated into iTunes. In order to idiot-proof the iPhone experience for those purchasers who aren't already familiar with Apple's usual MO(all three of you) there will probably be an installation cd bundled with the iPhone containing a version of iTunes optimized for the iPhone but virtually identical to whatever version is available on the website at the time of its release. Apple wants its customers to "get ready" and I can't think of a more crucial step than making the necessary version of iTunes for the iPhone available a day or two in advance.