iTunes video store problem

Kezman

Nov 2, 2008
Hello from Finland! I´m new to the forums, seems like a great place with a lot of knowledgeable people:) I´ve had my iPhone 3G for a few weeks and I simply love it! I´ve bought music and apps from the iTunes store but I´ve not been able to buy videos or TV-shows. In the upper left corner in the iTunes store menu there´s music, audiobooks, app store and so on but not videos or TV-shows, they should both be there, shouldn´t they? Anyone know what´s wrong? Do I have to download a separate video store for iTunes or what?:p

Thanks in advance:),

Kezman

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Hello from Finland! I´m new to the forums, seems like a great place with a lot of knowledgeable people:) I´ve had my iPhone 3G for a few weeks and I simply love it! I´ve bought music and apps from the iTunes store but I´ve not been able to buy videos or TV-shows. In the upper left corner in the iTunes store menu there´s music, audiobooks, app store and so on but not videos or TV-shows, they should both be there, shouldn´t they? Anyone know what´s wrong? Do I have to download a separate video store for iTunes or what?:p

Thanks in advance:),

Kezman
Odd, make sure you have iTunes up to date (8.0.1). Here in the US it's all there, no need to download anything separate. Also check to make sure in iTunes, Preference > Parental Control that you don't have anything locked out.

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
iTunes can't/doesn't sell all items in all countries. It may be for some reason that these items are not available in Finland.

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
iTunes can't/doesn't sell all items in all countries. It may be for some reason that these items are not available in Finland.

Do you know anyone else that has iTunes in your area that can get these items or is someone from Finland able to tell us if they have movies and TV shows on iTunes?

Kezman

Nov 2, 2008
Do you know anyone else that has iTunes in your area that can get these items or is someone from Finland able to tell us if they have movies and TV shows on iTunes?
That´s the odd thing because I have a friend who has movies and TV-shows on iTunes...I´ll try the Preference > Parental Control thing, thanks for the help!:)

Edit: Where exactly do one find Preference? My iTunes is not in english and I don´t know exactly what it is in swedish (yes, swedish is my mothertongue even though I live in Finland) so it would be great if someone could give exact location.

gts

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
That´s the odd thing because I have a friend who has movies and TV-shows on iTunes...I´ll try the Preference > Parental Control thing, thanks for the help!:)

Edit: Where exactly do one find Preference? My iTunes is not in english and I don´t know exactly what it is in swedish (yes, swedish is my mothertongue even though I live in Finland) so it would be great if someone could give exact location.

Under Edit, (the second one over on the top) File, then Edit, the last item in that section. The (Ctrl+,) will also work on my PC computer. The tap in the Preference is the 5th one over in my compter.

Kezman

Nov 2, 2008
Under Edit, (the second one over on the top) File, then Edit, the last item in that section. The (Ctrl+,) will also work on my PC computer. The tap in the Preference is the 5th one over in my compter.
thanks gts, I found it but I didn´t find anything about videos and TV-shows showing up in the iTunes store:( I also asked my friend again if he has videos in his iTunes and he said he wasn ´t sure, he had always just assumed he had it. He said it could be that videos and TV-shows aren´t available in Finland:(
Why would that be? It just seems really, really weird...