iTunes vs 2 iPhones issue

Discussion in 'iPhone 4S' started by gedinfo, Sep 8, 2013.

1. gedinfo

gedinfo New Member

I originally set up my iPhone 4S 16gb phone in iTunes on my computer.
    My wife decided to plug her iPhone 4S 16gb phone into my computer, since she has a problem with "losing" charging cables.
    Now, her voice memos are displayed when I plug my iPhone in, and when I click on the iPhone menu, it goes into the app store. I want to remove her information from my computer, and have my iPhone properly recognized when I connect it to my pc.

What is the best way to do this?

Thanks.

2. MoneyMaker79

MoneyMaker79 Genius
    Gold

Hello. Welcome to the forum!

The link below will help and explain to you how to remove an iPhone associated with your iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4627

The next link will explain how to have multiple iPhones on one computer with iTunes.

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1495

I can definitely relate to your situation. I helped my mother out with her iPhone in the past, so now I have a few of her apps on my iTunes.

Another tip I can give is a way for your wife to be able to charge her iPhone on your computer without iTunes opening.

With the iPhone plugged in, you can uncheck the option that says "Sync with this iPhone over WiFi."

#2 MoneyMaker79, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 8, 2013
  3. chris

chris Administrator
    Administrator

It sounds as if here iPhone is now associated with your iTunes account. Has it been synced to your account? If her voice memos appear in your iTunes, that's probably what happened. You can do one of two things.
    1. Set up a new iTunes library for her (second link in post above). If you go to sync it, you might receive the message that it's associated with another computer (which is correct, because it's associated with your account). If data on her phone isn't a concern, I'd restore it before syncing to this new library. Think of it as a fresh start. New iTunes and what will be a factory restored iPhone, so a new iPhone. Right now, the iPhone and iTunes thinks that you own two iPhones.
    2. If she doesn't use iTunes, she can restore it and than during the setup process (without having to use a PC), she can setup an iCloud account which she can sync her data
    Here's some more information on managing multiple Apple devices in your family with iCloud and Apple ID.

I'm guessing if it has been synced, important photos etc. might already be sitting on your computer. You just need that clean break that restore and new iTunes library will provide.

Good luck and if you have any questions, feel free to ask. We're here to help.

#3 chris, Sep 8, 2013
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2014