iTunes won't detect after update to v10

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Kaki5591, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Kaki5591

Kaki5591 New Member

My iPhone4 won't show up in iTunes after I updated iTunes to the latest version. I have tried all the usual advice. Uninstall, re- install, hard reset. Etc. Any advice?

2. Leo

Leo Zealot
    Silver

Have you tried DFU? Does Windows itself detect the iPhone, but iTunes doesn't?

(assuming you are on Windows)

3. jaydoc1

jaydoc1 Contributor
    Silver

The other thing you might not have tried but which worked for me was to close iTunes then plug the phone in. Why that worked I don't know but it did.

4. Kaki5591

Kaki5591 New Member

Windows xp. Tried closing iTunes before plugging in. Windows recognized device so i did transfer my pics so i wouldn't lose them Tried hard shutdown while plugged in. Have spent hours reading different solutions, that's how I found this site. Problem seems to be related to using one computer with multiple iPhones. Myself husband daughter.

on laptop
    iTunes recognized my phone.
    Then daughters.
    Updated to iTunes v10.
    Wouldn't recognize mine.

Thinking about saving my stuff and then reloading xp on my laptop. And then using It only for my phone. Crazy thing is the same thing happened on pc. It ( iTunes) won't recognize phones any more. We are updating pc to windows 7 next week so we can start over there too. If I didn't love my iPhone so much I would flush it.....lol

5. nick3184

nick3184 New Member

i recently tried to upgrade my iPhone 4 to ios5 n it did not upgrade
    iTunes showed an error 'could not restore error occurred (1602)
    and now iTunes is not recognising my iPhone

pls someone help! :(

6. Kaki5591

Kaki5591 New Member

I am trying to get iOS5 also. As soon as I can get iTunes to recognize my phone.
    Then, I will prob get another error. Arrgh!
    As I said above, good thing I love my phone!

7. John De Melo

John De Melo New Member

I'm having a problem with iTunes not syncing but looking like it is. I have an iPod 2GB Shuffle, iPhone 3GS & iPad 2 until but until recently never had problems. On wednesday I upgraded to iOS 5 no problems until this weekend. Was able to transfer purchases from my devices, arrange my apps according to my preference, then this weekend I connected my iPod and first it wouldn't show up in the left column, but if I went under "File" menu it would show Sync John's iPod Shuffle and eject John's iPod Shuffle under Controls menu. Selected the eject disconnected the iPod and connected again and this time the IPod appeared but the circling next to the device name kept going and wouldn't stop. Had to kill iTunes in Task Manager. The same happened when I connected my iPhone & iPad too. Download iTunes 10.5 installer and ran it choosing to repair iTunes rather than uninstall/reinstall. This ran for a while installed some files and completed. I restarted iTunes connected my iPhone, no problem, transferred the purchases, synced no problem. Connected the iPad same no problems, iPod too was ok. Now there was 1 difference in that I turned off "Family sharing", was that causing the problem corrupting iTunes I don't know but it was becoming a problem for me.

8. John De Melo

John De Melo New Member

Forgot to mention that I had also installed iTunes 10.5 Wed. before upgrading my devices..