iTunes won't display movie library

Discussion in 'iTunes' started by Chuck Miller, Sep 25, 2012.

1. Chuck Miller

Chuck Miller New Member

I have an iPhone 4s, iPad (1st generation), Apple tv, and iTunes 10. I have an external drive with movies which I have loaded into the movies window in iTunes. The movies load fine, but they don't show up in iTunes anywhere I've looked. I have duplicates that I need to get rid of and some renaming I want to do. I can't find them. The only thing in my Movies window in iTunes is a movie I recently bought on iTunes (only one of two, however), and some old videos. How can I get a list of movies. My Apple tv sees the movies and can play them. Any suggestions?

2. Graley

Graley New Member

Here are some ideas. May not be relevant, but here goes. My son sends me a USB with avi movies.
    Apple must have MP4 format.

I drag the movies from USB to Mac desktop. Using Aimersoft I convert them to MP4. It takes forever.

I drag the MP4s into the movie folder of the finder. For safe keeping. Then delete the AVIs from the desktop .

Then drag the preferred movies from the movie folder onto the movie option in the iTunes side bar.

I am sure there is something simpler.

3. Kriss

Kriss Zealot
    Silver

Check the extension of your movies. If it's not .m4v then iTunes will have trouble recognizing it. Rather than re-convert the movies try just renaming the .mp4 extension to .m4v. You may or may not have to add it to your iTunes again.