iTunes won't import my songs

polli

May 9, 2008
I have just bought a vista computer
All my music I have added to my music folder
Gone into preferences in iTunes and selected the folder of songs, mp3s, I want it to import.
It just imported 1 wma file and converted it
Tried also add folder but the same thing happens
Help for an oldie please.:mad:

acosmichippo

Genius
Platinum
Sep 10, 2007
DC
so you went to file->Add folder to library, and then selected your "Music" folder (shown below), and nothing happened? And you are absolutely sure that's where your music is located?

If so, i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't import the folder. Unless someone else has any ideas, i would resommend uninstalling iTunes from your computer, redownloading the setup file from Apple, and reinstalling it from the new file.

Last edited by a moderator:

polli

May 9, 2008
so you went to file->Add folder to library, and then selected your "Music" folder (shown below), and nothing happened? And you are absolutely sure that's where your music is located?

If so, i can't think of any reason why it wouldn't import the folder. Unless someone else has any ideas, i would resommend uninstalling iTunes from your computer, redownloading the setup file from Apple, and reinstalling it from the new file.
I was hoping to recreate my iTunes music and playlists on this vista computer I have just got
i do not have my old xp computer now
What I did was copy all my songs to an external Also the library files
Now I have Vista I have put all my songs into the music folder
Then deleted the new library file and added the old one
It found all the songs with the library file But they all went as I clicked in iTunes
I do not let iTunes manage my music and don't want my music in iTunes folder
Is that clearer?

But not only cant I recreate my iTunes library I cant import anything at all!

i have already uninstalled and reinstalled iTunes again
Just stuck

polli

May 9, 2008
Any help welcome regarding iTunes not seeing my music!

Tried to change the name of my music folder to fooliTunes into importing my songs But it still will not
Unistalled it again and installed But no difference
Anybody help please as desperate now
Not bothered about playlists or settings going back now Just want my songs back into iTunes on this new vista computer

I do not want iTunes to put my songs in its folder As not done before
Hoping you clever folks can help me so I can update my ipod fast

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
i have the same problem. it automatically updated when i first opened my account butknow when i download new songs i have to import them one at a time...