iTunes won't play my movies or videos!

jcbinc

Feb 7, 2008
:mad:Hello all,

I am using a PC & my iTunes will not play any of my movies & videos. I can open them and they seem to load(not properly) then it all goes down hill from there. I see the picutre then the sound starts skipping and the video jumps and begins to skip as well. It never loads and runs smoothly. Then when I try to close the player it just locks up and freezes. This happens with my own video files as well as files that I have purchased from iTunes. I can play my videos in Windows Media player.

Can anyone help me?!

dturner

Zealot
Gold
Dec 15, 2007
Louisville, Ky.
You will probably get some better advice, but I would delete iTunes from my system, and reload it. It's a place to start. Also do you have the latest iTunes? I am assuming the video's not from iTunes are in the right format.

justahsquirrel

Silver
Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
i am having problems playing videos with iTunes myself.....i know it uses quicktime player to do so...but it jumps and skips like a scratched dvd....
I'm on a pc with 1.4 ghz amd and about 756 in ram....plenty hard drive space....

bealy

Mar 11, 2008
I am having the same problem, just this weekene dafter upgrading? Did you find a sol

Hello all,

I am using a PC & my iTunes will not play any of my movies & videos. I can open them and they seem to load(not properly) then it all goes down hill from there. I see the picutre then the sound starts skipping and the video jumps and begins to skip as well. It never loads and runs smoothly. Then when I try to close the player it just locks up and freezes. This happens with my own video files as well as files that I have purchased from iTunes. I can play my videos in Windows Media player.

Can anyone help me?![/quote]

Jun 7, 2007
Queens, NY
I think it has something to do with QuickTime. More than likely I think it has something to do with video codec's or video card. In my case I'm not sure, I have a descent speed processor 1.4 GHZ AMD athlon, 756 or somewhere around the 700's in ram and a video card with 256 ram agp. I think that's the problem, the card may be too only to display the video correctly.