iTunes won't recognize phone. Help!

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
another note. I have a folder I can't delete called "." acidentally made in categories and now can't delete. Could this be part of the problem?

gotpancakes

Bronze
Nov 24, 2007
I would say try restore and reJB. Buuut 1.1.4 is out and I'm not too sure how well ZiPhone works I got mixed reviews.
Try uninstalling the last couple things and go 1 at a time

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
oh duh me! Aaaand thats y i don't jailbreak. Haha yes uhm just uninstall. And reinstall
same here but 3 weeks ago I finally did it. Now all I wanna do is go stock. I uninstalled everything except the stupid piece of sh** stuff that only lets you reinstall. Is there a "restore-like" app?

Spikefood

Bronze
Oct 3, 2007
same here but 3 weeks ago I finally did it. Now all I wanna do is go stock. I uninstalled everything except the stupid piece of sh** stuff that only lets you reinstall. Is there a "restore-like" app?
Download ZiPhone and click the restore button. It should unjailbreak your phone.

Scottshotz

Bronze
Sep 25, 2007
Ok i got to the gui file and it gives me the options to unlock, activate, and jailbreak; then download bootloader, erase bl, start, (blanked out) stop, quit, and about. i don't see a restore. Am i doing something wrong?

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
no no.....restore the phone through itune first. If i tunes fails to see your phone, reinstall iTunes! When you DO jailbreak, that is when you use ziPhone......to jailbreak.

maybe i don't undestand your problem...

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
For those that are experiencing a problem with iTunes not seeing your phone, try the following.
Shut down iTunes and disconnect your phone.
Power off the phone.
Launch iTunes.
Connect phone.
WAIT.
It will take a minute or 2 for the phone to be recognized.
If the Camera Wizard opens, simply minimize it.
I think the problem is the "new" driver for USB. While it's loading for iTunes to see the phone, it's getting interrupted by the camera wizard. At least that what I found. Every time the camera wizard locked up or reported a failure to connect with the device, iTunes could not see my phone.