Oct 13, 2008
I cant get ituns to sync to my iPhone any ideas

Craig

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
What exactly to do you mean? When you plug in the phone to the computer iTunes doesn't see the phone or you just can't sync it? If it's the latter you have to tell iTunes what to sync with. When you plug the phone in there will be multiplel tabs and you have to tell it what you want it to sync with.

Oct 13, 2008
What exactly to do you mean? When you plug in the phone to the computer iTunes doesn't see the phone or you just can't sync it? If it's the latter you have to tell iTunes what to sync with. When you plug the phone in there will be multiplel tabs and you have to tell it what you want it to sync with.

iTunes does not even see the iPhone

iErik

Zealot
Gold
Oct 27, 2007
Las Vegas, NV
You can also try different USB ports on the computer and a different USB cable if you have one.

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
reboot to the safe mode, control panel>system icon>hardware>device manager> scroll down to "Universal Serial Bus Controller". Delete each device, once thats complete reboot.

Oct 13, 2008
tried all of the above but still no luck, what now ?

Tug

Silver
Aug 4, 2008
tried all of the above but still no luck, what now ?
Do you know anyone else that has iTunes installed on their computer? If so hook your phone up to their computer and see if it reads it. If not you know the problem is with the phone.

Oct 13, 2008
Do you know anyone else that has iTunes installed on their computer? If so hook your phone up to their computer and see if it reads it. If not you know the problem is with the phone.
I thing i had forgot to mention is that about 2 weeks ago loaded cydia, installer and winterboard, since then its always synced with iTunes until the other night , but don't remember changing anything to make this happen

tried restarting iPhone, tried on another pc iTunes still did not see the phone , but iTunes starts up and goes to applications folder which makes me think it must know phone is there but wont sync with it

Any other ideas ?

is there a way of forcing a sync in either iTunes or with the iPhone or in winterboard or cydia is there any settings i could have changed which stops it syncing

Craig

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
have you tried restoring the phone?

Oct 13, 2008
Still getting no where with my problem, now thinking its the iPhone where the issue lies, BIG problem is though i cant re sync the phone to iTunes to run the programe to get rid of jailbreaker, instller, cydia etc , which will invalid the warranty from Apple anyone else got any ideas please

What it does do is start iTunes but there is no syncing logo or the like coming up, so it must be comunicating with iTunes

Just one thing is the jailbreaker logo onstart up a pinApple with a bite out of the side of it , cant remember the bite mark ?

Craig

nyc_rock

Bronze
Jul 6, 2007
Still getting no where with my problem, now thinking its the iPhone where the issue lies, BIG problem is though i cant re sync the phone to iTunes to run the programe to get rid of jailbreaker, instller, cydia etc , which will invalid the warranty from Apple anyone else got any ideas please

What it does do is start iTunes but there is no syncing logo or the like coming up, so it must be comunicating with iTunes

Just one thing is the jailbreaker logo onstart up a pinApple with a bite out of the side of it , cant remember the bite mark ?

Craig
Go into settings---general---reset----Erase all content and settings.

Your phone will be new and will ask you to connect to iTunes. If that doesn't work, take it back to Apple. there will be no sign that it was ever jailbroken.