I'v bought in now...

kengelmann

Bronze
Oct 31, 2007
Not sure if this is "postworthy", but, here it goes...

I dropped my phone on Christmas Day trying to prevent my son's new baseball from disappearing into the LA Sewer system, and, while I saved the basedball, the iPhone not so lucky.

It had landed precisely on a its corner, and caused a spiderweb effect on the screen. Knowing my options were limited, I fessed up at the Apple store and paid the $249 to replace my 3 month old iPhone.

However, I was able to synch my new phone, and its like it never happened! (thats almost justifies the $249.00).

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Sorry to hear about your incident and congratz on the phone! I'm glad the basketball is okay. :p

- John

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch

I dropped my phone on Christmas Day trying to prevent my son's new baseball from disappearing into the LA Sewer system, and, while I saved the basedball, the iPhone not so lucky.

It had landed precisely on a its corner, and caused a spiderweb effect on the screen. Knowing my options were limited, I fessed up at the Apple store and paid the $249 to replace my 3 month old iPhone.

However, I was able to synch my new phone, and its like it never happened! (thats almost justifies the $249.00).

I saw this pic of the phone with the spiderweb. Congrats on the new one.

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
Awww... such a great dad. If that were my child, that baseball would have seen it's way into the LA Sewer system. :laugh2:

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Neither Apple nor AT&T offer insurance for the iPhone. Apple provides a 1 year limited warranty that does NOT cover physical damage to the iPhone (amongst many other things). The only way to get insurance (currently) is to find a third-party insurance company to provide a PAP (Personal Articles Policy, I think) for the iPhone. I have mine insured through State Farm for about $60 a year and that covers anything short of an act of God with zero deductible.

thegasguru

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
My choices exactly!

Actually, although I have loved the Agent 18 so far, I've read on these boards that the Seido super slim case is about half as thick as the Agent 18. I love the slim form factor of the iPhone, so if I'd like the thinnest case I can get. So I've got the Seido on order. My first choice is the naked iPhone, but I'm getting too nervous about how much longer I can hold out without dropping the thing. :)

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Follow link for a movie on the teardown of a iPhone:

Batteries available on the net.

BTW....buy your iPhone with an AMEX and forget the 2nd year warranty.

psylichon

Genius
Oct 31, 2007
Philly
My choices exactly!

Actually, although I have loved the Agent 18 so far, I've read on these boards that the Seido super slim case is about half as thick as the Agent 18. I love the slim form factor of the iPhone, so if I'd like the thinnest case I can get. So I've got the Seido on order. My first choice is the naked iPhone, but I'm getting too nervous about how much longer I can hold out without dropping the thing. :)
I love the form factor, too... But when it comes to the situation like the OP's, nothing protects like rubber. I know... I've dropped mine on pavement at least half a dozen ways, and it still looks stock. I want to go to a slimmer hard case, but I'm really not convinced it will offer the same protection as my cheap rubber skin.

MiPhone7012

Bronze
Aug 10, 2007
Seattle, WA

Sorry to hear that, but im a regular at my local Apple store and i talk to the mac genius's all the time and a few weeks ago my iPhone cracked because i sat on it on the couch i told them what happened and they sent me a replacement...for free. if i were you i would develope a friendly relationship with a Apple workers at your local Apple store, because you never know when they can save you money or help you out.

but ill give you props on saving your sons baseball:)

ZipZap

Silver
Dec 15, 2007
Well if you don't have an extended warranty then after year 1 you have nothing left to void.

If you have a year 2 warranty or purchased with Amex, then I would not recommend opening.