I've got mine...still has not activated...

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
I'm sure 100's of thousands of people activating at once is something that they weren't able to test for...

I bet it will be hit and miss.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Dunno, I'm a former QA Manager and...

I'm sure 100's of thousands of people activating at once is something that they weren't able to test for...

I bet it will be hit and miss.

On most SW program testing there are special applications that allow stress/volume testing, I am sure Apple would utilize that on their servers.

winyan

GQmacguy

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
True but the hot sweaty fingers of the over anxious Apple fans pressing repeatedly to get it working is hard to emulate ;)

...but yes, you are right; I'm sure they have.

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Ah, good point...

The problem isn't with Apple's servers; it's with AT&T's servers.
I used to work for them too, I wouldn't be so certain of them. I cannot stand their customer service any longer either.

They should bring back their "Traffic" Dept, and Green and Brown Book.

winyan

captain4004

Bronze
May 2, 2007
Charleston SC
I'm sitting here with mine, but I have to wait on an email that says it is activated. Kinda weird.
Yeah I got mines too, still in the box, picked up a signature leather case, Apple Bluetooth on back order all over the country I heard. Had to wait a little while in line, there was maybe 50 people total in line but overall a good experience.

Charleston, SC

Jun 16, 2007
Where are you guys that are having problems located?

I just took mine out the box, and was done in less than 5 mins....I'm now syncing all my music, etc. I'm in Kansas City, MO for reference.

Edit: I'm an existing customer, same number.

Jun 28, 2007
Yeah I got mines too, still in the box, picked up a signature leather case, Apple Bluetooth on back order all over the country I heard. Had to wait a little while in line, there was maybe 50 people total in line but overall a good experience.

Charleston, SC

What store were you at? North Charleston was a blast all day!

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
Where are you guys that are having problems located?

I just took mine out the box, and was done in less than 5 mins....I'm now syncing all my music, etc. I'm in Kansas City, MO for reference.

Edit: I'm an existing customer, same number.
Hey Kyle, I am in Atlanta, GA. That may be part of the problem - being a major city and all.