I've got mine...still has not activated...

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Mine has been HOURS also.. I already have an AT&T account and the ported my existing number.

I would love to hear if anyone has had it say that they needed to wait for an e-mail but theirs actually came.

Alexander

Zealot
Gold
Jun 28, 2007
Atlanta
I have now been waiting 2 hours and 26 minutes. What is KILLING me of course (an I'm assuming you as well), is that we can't access any of the features until it is activated. I mean, I have been waiting for how many months? And to have the phone right here in front of me is irritating!

Suppy7

Jun 29, 2007
Just to get this straight -

When you plugged your iPhone in, you got the chance to name it and stuff in iTunes, but the phone itself says "Waiting for AT&T activation - This May Take A While"

Is this what you guys are talking about? haven't selescted your plans or anything like that -

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
Just to get this straight -

When you plugged your iPhone in, you got the chance to name it and stuff in iTunes, but the phone itself says "Waiting for AT&T activation - This May Take A While"

Is this what you guys are talking about? haven't selescted your plans or anything like that -
I never got that far. I've been stuck on the "AT*T is now processing your activation" email.

Suppy7

Jun 29, 2007
i don't know.. what's going on with yours?
Mine I connected to iTunes, and it let me name it, and asked my preference on syncing

and the actual phone itself has a message on the screen that says "Waiting for AT&T activation - This may take some time"

but iTunes acts like it's all done, it never prompted to set up an account or anything

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I swear I'm going to have a heart attack. I got an e-mail telling me that it would take 24 hours to port over the number and that I can use the features. But the thing is, is that I can't use ANY of the features.. just the emergency call. I can't do anything I have to wait until 7PM tomorrow. I called the reps and they don't me there was nothing they can do about it. That it might port and activate earlier than that.. but they said not to count on it. WTF!? I hate this..

Suppy7

Jun 29, 2007
I swear I'm going to have a heart attack. I got an e-mail telling me that it would take 24 hours to port over the number and that I can use the features. But the thing is, is that I can't use ANY of the features.. just the emergency call. I can't do anything I have to wait until 7PM tomorrow. I called the reps and they don't me there was nothing they can do about it. That it might port and activate earlier than that.. but they said not to count on it. WTF!? I hate this..
I guess mine I can at least use the features - but no features that require the network such as making a call, or internet through EDGE, but the iPod functions work, and syncing with iCal and stuff

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
I guess mine I can at least use the features - but no features that require the network such as making a call, or internet through EDGE, but the iPod functions work, and syncing with iCal and stuff
Yeah. Can't do ish.. this makes me mad..

bsharp

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
Atlanta, GA
don't worry, it takes a little while.

Also good news: I'm typing this with two thumbs! I love this thing.
You're also in the Atlanta area. That's where I am, and I'm still having problems (2 hours plus).

How long did it take to activate you phone?

winyan

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
I got the last one at my local AT&T store...

i'm in louisville, ky, been waiting 2hrs 20 mins.
Around 9:00 this evening I was working earlier, and now I'm trying to activate it. I'm a former Cingular/now ATT customer for at least 5 years and I'm still waiting.

grrrr...

winyan

the PHDs

Bronze
May 21, 2007
wait...i have a question...
my iPhone is installed on iTunes and everything...
and i can use the features but when i turn it on it says please wait while att activates your phone....
i don't get service at my house right now..
do i need service for this to happen...
and how will it happen?
will i need a computer?

thanks