I've just un-jailbroke.......

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
in prep for the new software update . I did this via a restore. All went well with no errors or anything but my carrier logo is still what it was when it was jailbroke........even though I did a restore it seems that some files are not 'reset'....do we know if these will be detected when I do do a software upgrade - and what are the chances of bricking?

Is there anything else I need to do to get my phone back to it's original 1.1.2 otb?

cheers guys

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
when you were jailbroken what did you use to change the carrier logo?.... If you used the app "make it mine" you should've pressed revert in that app before you restored your phone.

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
I did use 'make it mine' ......but didn't revert back - so how do I go back to normal? - just incase I ever need to take it in to be repaired or something

Oct 4, 2007
San Francisco
you would have to re-jailbreak your phone, install make it mine, and the press revert when you open the app.

insocal

Bronze
Jun 25, 2007
in prep for the new software update . I did this via a restore. All went well with no errors or anything but my carrier logo is still what it was when it was jailbroke........even though I did a restore it seems that some files are not 'reset'....do we know if these will be detected when I do do a software upgrade - and what are the chances of bricking?

Is there anything else I need to do to get my phone back to it's original 1.1.2 otb?

cheers guys
A quick fix for this is found at: www.macdaddyworld.com and download the CaptionCrunchCarrierString. I had to do it earlier as well and it could NOT have been easier.

lewisdg

Jan 5, 2008
thanks for the above replys.....the mac daddy fix requires you to have a mac of.....alas I have just a of