I've reached a verdict..

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

kashbo25

Bronze
May 24, 2007
West Palm Beach Florida
I am going to an Cingular store @ 3:00 pm on friday, wait till 6:00 get the 8gb phone if they don't have any more then I will just order it from them to pick up later BC this is a MUST HAVE PHONE

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
I am going to an Cingular store @ 3:00 pm on friday, wait till 6:00 get the 8gb phone if they don't have any more then I will just order it from them to pick up later BC this is a MUST HAVE PHONE
IF there's 100 people in line when you get there, you might as well move on and plan on ordering online. I don't expect the Att stores to have that many phones.

You might want to ask just to be sure before you leave.

tpeter

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
IF there's 100 people in line when you get there, you might as well move on and plan on ordering online. I don't expect the Att stores to have that many phones.

You might want to ask just to be sure before you leave.

how many phones do you think they will have? Apple said they have 3 million for release and there is only 1800 ATT stores selling the iPhone.

rose

Bronze
Jun 22, 2007
Baltimore, MD
how many phones do you think they will have? Apple said they have 3 million for release and there is only 1800 ATT stores selling the iPhone.
Is it 3 million?Don't forget the Apple stores for that equation!

P.S. Forget 3pm. I'll be there at 8AM when starbucks open to see what's going on!

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
They also said the cities with high iPod sales would get more than others. That's good for NYC, Chi, Bos, ATL, and all those Cali cities, but for all the in-between cities, it'll be slim pickens.

If you expect two or three hundred at every Cingular/At&t store, then you're dreaming.

ennbr

Jun 16, 2007
From the Apple web site they have 170 stores worldwide I then counted stores outside the US a total of 21 stores. So Apple will be shipping to 149 stores in the US.

Diviant

Jun 21, 2007
Hah, wishful thinking at best. There's no way there'll be 1 million, let alone 3 million units at release. I suspect somewhere around 500,000 units availible as of now for launch, with constant resupplying.

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
Hah, wishful thinking at best. There's no way there'll be 1 million, let alone 3 million units at release. I suspect somewhere around 500,000 units availible as of now for launch, with constant resupplying.
Very true. At&t is telling their staff that they expect inventory shortages as early as Friday night.

DD0

Bronze
Jun 21, 2007
A girl I work with, who used to work at Apple told me that any new product they got, they got at least 300 of.

Take that as you will.