iWatch lost the launch race

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Sep 4, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

#1 liberated, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 4, 2013
  2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

So what? Apple lost the copy and paste race, and might lose the fingerprint sensor race as well. Incidentally, this is not Samsung's first foray into the world of watches.

3. RoofMonkey

RoofMonkey Genius
    Gold

$299 for a 1.63" screen. And people complain about Apples 4" screen. Hehehe

4. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Yes it's unimportant I know, this will not stop the average zea lot from saying Apple invented the smart watch (providing Apple comes up with one). :D

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Hehe yeah....I also wonder why a whole device is not just built right on the wrist watch, I had a watch phone made in China sometime ago that was half decent.

6. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I watched the live feed announcing Samsung's Smart gear and I am left wondering if I really need it for $300. I have a hard time reading things on my 4 inch screen so I can't imagine trying to read a small display on my wrist. I do wear a watch to work every day, but I can't see that I have a real need for a companion to my phone since my phone is typically sitting right next to me. They make it seem like it is a hassle to take your phone out of your pocket, how lazy does that sound, lol. The watch does have a cool factor and I am interested in seeing what Apple will offer, but ultimately I can't say that I am sold on the need for it.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

8. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

You have a point, but think of athletes, bikers and such who could benefit from having a way to quick glance at snippets of data as needed while engaged in activities that prevents them from pulling out their phones.

9. TarekElsakka

TarekElsakka Genius
    Gold

I think I'll stick to my Swatch.

10. Tattooed Alex

Tattooed Alex Genius
    Gold

I'm not saying it couldn't be useful in the right circumstances, but for me personally it isn't a necessity or practical since the screen is so small. I didn't think I needed or wanted an iPad when they first came out, but a day hasn't gone by for the past 2 years that I haven't used it. At $300 I don't see this flying off the shelves, of course this is probably like the bababoey statement when he said the iPad was a little bit of a stumble for Apple. I am curious to get a hands on eventually to see what it looks like up close.

11. IllusionEntity

IllusionEntity Evangelist
    Gold

Who cares who did what first. The more important thing to remember is that Apple always do it better.

End of argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

#11 IllusionEntity, Sep 4, 2013
    Last edited: Sep 4, 2013
  12. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

I think you nailed it right there. Marketing. All good companies are good at it.

13. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

14. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Who cares who did what first. The more important thing to remember is that Apple always do it better.

End of argument.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2[/quote]
    Illusion, the point wasn't about what people cared about. Many people may care, and some like you and I do not. But your premise that Apple does it better is just an opinion, an opinion that quite frankly I also share. Opinions do not make compelling arguments for or against a debate. :)

15. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

To use a waaay-overused phrase:

Apple is doomed.

16. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

17. IllusionEntity

Gold

Because of a glitch on tapatalk?

Congratulations. You've managed to completely ignore the point somebody made and steer off into some stupid nonsense.

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

What?! Are you reading a different post and reply from what I am? What the hell does Tapatalk have to do with anything?

EDIT: I see the glitch now, but my point still stands. That's why I don't use silly apps like Tapatalk.:D

19. IllusionEntity

Gold

I quoted the post and it went all weird. That was the only part of my post that you quoted.

20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

It doesn't matter. My point with saying, "Apple is doomed" comes from AppleInsider. Users there often say it when they're joking about the company being in a supposedly bad position. You might think it "stupid nonsense," but no more than some of the other bilgewater that's spouted on this forum.