iwatch vs Google Glass

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by liberated, Mar 24, 2013.

1. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Do you think Apple leaked news about a possible iwatch to steal momentum from google's glass project? And Do you think these two devices are supposed to be competing concepts on wearable computing? Honestly I'd rather wear a watch over an awkward set of glasses but I love the idea of images delivered straight into my eyes.

2. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

You get images delivered straight into your eyes all the time. That's why they're eyes. :p

3. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

Lol you know what I mean, hahahaha ImageUploadedByiCafe Forums1364151770.124033.jpg :D

4. richardya

richardya Member
    Silver

The video camera is going to make this device a social nightmare. No joke, I see a lot of issues with this and laws being written. The demos were horrible, the video is the one feature that is meaningless, I need to see the other features.

5. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

yes I can't wait to read about all those candid locker room shots (oops, I forgot I was wearing my glasses when I walked in) :D

6. Jennifer Chesney

Jennifer Chesney New Member

I definitely think it was leaked purposely because the google glass has been talked about lately. And agreed, I would rather wear a watch over an eye glass any day.

7. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

When they make the google contact lenses then I'll consider it :D

8. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Just get the Google lens implants when they come out. Why wait for cataracts?

9. akaneo

akaneo New Member

Everything Apple does is on purpose so applying for dozens of patents for iwatch in the same week was probably specifically for the media. I'm wondering how far along they are if they are ready for name patents yet are still hiring a fashion guru to reportedly work on the iWatch design. Tim Cook did say there would be a new product line this year so I'm still hoping the iWatch will be ready for x-mas!

10. imutter

imutter Genius
    Gold

Since I own Glass I can say this much
    Glass is mostly turned off and you wear it above your eye.
    The idea you have something projected in your eye all the time is just silly.
    I love to have my hands free. The new update is great and if this is where its heading and what I seen developers do, not to shabby I say.
    Anyway iWatch for what ever reason I have no interest in a watch. 1st since I have a phone I used it to tell time and not wear a wristwatch any longer. There must be something new innovation wise to grab my attention. I'd rather have some sort of clip one or necklace.
    But since we really not know anything about the iWatch we can't compare anyway.
    Wearables are just starting to come on the market who knows what we see next?

11. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Until I can buy boxer shorts that whistle"Zippety Doo-Dah" and cook scrApple for me, I ain't interested in any wearables.

12. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

I think the iwatch will turn out to be Apple's version of the Nike fuel band.