iWorld support

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
Hoping to unlock a 16gb in ireland and am researching hard I have read that I need to install iWorld to ensure the phone doesn't crash while making calls and sms's in an unsupported country. Is there a list of countries that iWorld covers does anyone have a link?

ColsTiger

Zealot
Gold
Mar 8, 2007
Columbus, GA
If I were you, I would post these questions in the iPhone Modifications forum or either the iPhone Software forum. This forum is more for general iPhone questions. I wish I could help you more with your unlocking quest, but as an At&t user living in the US, I never had a need to learn more about unlocking.

You may also want to check with the guys over on MMi. They tend to focus on hacks much more than we do here.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
If I were you, I would post these questions in the iPhone Modifications forum or either the iPhone Software forum. This forum is more for general iPhone questions. I wish I could help you more with your unlocking quest, but as an At&t user living in the US, I never had a need to learn more about unlocking.

You may also want to check with the guys over on MMi. They tend to focus on hacks much more than we do here.
Maybe one of the moderators would kindly move me to that forum. I don't think MMi exist anymore

jsteeman

Jan 6, 2008
iWorld is needed with 1.1.2. I'm using 1.1.3 without this patch and without any problem. So it looks like that it's not needed anymore.

i robot

Silver
Jan 29, 2008
iWorld is needed with 1.1.2. I'm using 1.1.3 without this patch and without any problem. So it looks like that it's not needed anymore.
Does this include unsupported countries for example Ireland (where i am based). This was the reason I read I needed it.