Jaadu vnc server usually 25$, but for 12 hours will be $5!

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
I just got an email today saying Thursday at 11.59 pm September 18th jaadu, a program that is usually 25$, will be sold for 5$. 80% discount!

They sent me this email because I actually bought touchpad pro for jailbroken iPhone so they are trying to give previous customers a discount.

I already bought jaadu and it works VERY VERY well. Probably my favorite program.

Anyway, I hope y'all take advantage.

edit: This offer only lasts 12 hours so take advantage at 11:59 pm September 18th thursday Eastern time.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Excellent deal, many thanks! Off to grab it now.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Weird... it's still showing up as $24.99 for me in the AppStore. Perhaps it hasn't started yet?

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
It's showing up as $24.99 for me as well. I would love to pick this up for $5 though. I actually might go for the $24.99 if the $5 option isn't available anymore.

Does this mean that for that 1 minute the application will be $5? That's going to take some great timing.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
What an amazingly useful post. Upon first reading it the wording made it seem as if it was available now. If you read my post you would have seen that I made a reference to the fact that it will be available at 11:59 PM. At least we have 12 hours to take advantage.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Right.. starting Thursday 11:59 PM. Stupid me.

Eragon

Zealot
Gold
Jan 8, 2008
Frederick, MD
Yes :laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

Glad you found out, I have this app and it works great. You will see when you get it. :cool:
I've used it to access both my PC and Mac over cellular. It seems really slow, both in responding to screen taps (to launch apps) as well as loading the screen.

Another strange observation is that the IP address seems to change on its own. I have to go back to my router and readjust the IP addresses. Might be the router, but I thought I'd toss that one out.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
I've used it to access both my PC and Mac over cellular. It seems really slow, both in responding to screen taps (to launch apps) as well as loading the screen.

Another strange observation is that the IP address seems to change on its own. I have to go back to my router and readjust the IP addresses. Might be the router, but I thought I'd toss that one out.
How strange, when I was using it with 3G it was pretty fast and not too much of a lag considering the connection.

Are you using it with a Mac or a PC? How difficult is the initial setup?
I use it on a mac and it basically does all the work for you.

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
How strange, when I was using it with 3G it was pretty fast and not too much of a lag considering the connection.

I use it on a mac and it basically does all the work for you.
A lot of things work very well on mac and not very well on PCs....:cool:

I agree though, it does all the work for you once you make the switch in system preferences for your computer to allow vnc connections.

iPhone-v2

Bronze
May 7, 2008
seattle
A lot of things work very well on mac and not very well on PCs....:cool:

I agree though, it does all the work for you once you make the switch in system preferences for your computer to allow vnc connections.
Where do you find these settings for vista?
whenever I connect it over wifi it works but i get connection time out whenever I try to connect over 3G.
On wifi the quality or sharpness of the screen is not as good as I thought, There is a bit of distortion and lag too.. Is it the way it should be or Its because of vista. I have never remote desktop before. isn't the quality should be high ?

sdge

Bronze
Jul 8, 2007
whenever I connect it over wifi it works but i get connection time out whenever I try to connect over 3G.
On wifi the quality or sharpness of the screen is not as good as I thought, There is a bit of distortion and lag too.. Is it the way it should be or Its because of vista. I have never remote desktop before. isn't the quality should be high ?
For it to work over 3G you need a static IP, and that's a whole other thing in itself.

jptolife

Silver
Jul 15, 2007
New York City
The way I did it to make it work over 3G was I opened the program on my computer, it found the IP and port number and then that's what I used to set it up. Remember that you need the address that your supplier gives you not your computer's. If you Google my IP you'll find it. It should be something like: 111.111.111.111.:1111 - The last four you get from the software they provide.

Voltaic Shock

Bronze
Aug 15, 2008
Leesburg, VA
I usually use DynamicDNS then at home I have my router update DynamicDNS, this way you don't have to worry about dynamic IP.

Kaitlyn2004

Bronze
Aug 6, 2008
How is this better than the other VNC apps - or even Mocha VNC Lite which is free?

I can't believe this originally had a $25 price tag... just about every single VNC app for every platform is completely free - nature of the application :)

HBOC

Bronze
Aug 4, 2008
Portland, Oregon
^^^ it is at 11:59PM EST TONIGHT that it starts. so at like 5:59 your time it will be lowered to $5.