Jabra BT500 vs. BT5010 vs. BT5020

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

markw10

Jul 9, 2007
I am looking for a Bluetooth headset to compliment my iPhone. I haven't looked at Sony or Samsung yet and not even much at Plantronics. I looked first at Jabra since I heard the most about them. I tried a Jawbone already but don't think it's the one for me.
My question:
I've heard a lot good about the BT500 but figured with the BT5010 and BT5020 being newer they were likely better. Yet I see some people say the BT500 and older models of Jabra are actually more comfortable and easier to use. Is that true?
It seems the BT5010 and BT5020 are very similar, just different style. Is that true?
For people who have tried both, which style is more comfortable to wear and also stays on better?
I'm interested in any opinions of these or other bluetooth headsets.

Leed

Aug 5, 2007
I have the 5020. It's pretty decent. Mainly I purchased it because it has the features that the other recommended headsets seem to lack. For example, the Jawbone is supposed to be the best quality wise but it doesn't support call-waiting. The Apple supports call-waiting but doesn't provide a secure fit and sound quality is pretty bad. I used the plantronics voyager 510 before the Jabra and range/sound quality is great but it also doesn't support call-waiting. so with all that said, I think the 5020 is a happy medium. Fit is pretty comfortable. Battery life seems a bit better than most. Feature set is pretty extensive and sound quality is decent. My only real gripe is with the range. You can't really walk 10 to 12 feet without a noticeable drop in quality (static etc.) Hope this helps..