Jabra BT530 A MUST HAVE

showguy

Silver
Dec 2, 2007
Long Island, NY
Just got it today and have been putting it through the paces.

Pro's: 1- Comfortable in ear with either ear gel, loop or both
2- Great audio on both ends. I made a call with my car ac on and stereo going and the person on the other end did not hear a thing but me
3- Seems to have decent bluetooth range. I walked about 20 ft away without as much as a crackle.
4- Real nice mini USB cord for travel and desk top charger.
5- Control buttons are easy to use.
6- Separate on/off toggle switch is great.
7- A2DP ready if Apple ever gets there.

Con's

1- For some reason does not work with iPhones live voice mail. I was pissed about that but not a deal killer.

I had the Apple bluetooth for one day and got rid of that piece of junk. The Jabra is a real keeper.

PS: Got it for a good price at http://www.msgdigital.com/productde...efid=adwords&gclid=COjCpKifx5UCFQuwGgodLH6UiA

Ordered it on Friday came Monday.

iPhidibus

Mar 8, 2008
Con's

1- For some reason does not work with iPhones live voice mail. I was pissed about that but not a deal killer.
This is interesting. My BT500 "used to" work with my voicemail, but stopped somewhere along the way. At first I just thought it was being a little quirky like it can be sometimes. But I've realized it never works with voicemail anymore. I think it stopped around the time I upgraded to 2.0.

It does still work with normal phone calls. My wife has the BT250v that works fine with voicemail.

I wonder if something in the iPhone 2.0 upgrade could have caused this? My iPhone is a v1.

iPhidibus

Mar 8, 2008
Just found this thread about the issue. Seems a lot of folks have the same problems. Some headsets work, some don't. I still think it is related to v2.0.

Last edited by a moderator:

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I think it's fixed with the 2.1 update. The visual voicemail should work.

MRComment

Mar 23, 2009