Jabra EarGels + iPhone Bluetooth = Heaven!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Mark Booth

Bronze
Jun 28, 2007
If you have the iPhone Bluetooth Headset, run -don't walk- to the nearest retailer that carries the Jabra EarGels and buy a pack! I read about the EarGels in another forum thread and -even though I was perfectly comfortable with the iPhone Bluetooth Headset as is- I decided to give the Jabra EarGels a try.

The Jabra EarGels come in a six-pack. One each of Small, Medium and Large sizes for each ear (left or right). I found the Medium size to be perfect for my ear. With the EarGel in place the iPhone Bluetooth Headset fits like a glove. The soft EarGel is shaped and contoured to fit like a custom earplug! The Headset is even MORE comfortable with the EarGel vs. without! And the EarGel moves the Bluetooth Headset just far enough away from the ear that I think it will solve the problem that some people are experiencing with the back edge of the Headset scratching their ear.

BEST OF ALL! The EarGel "funnels" the sound right down into your ear canal! It allows the Bluetooth Headset to be unbelievably LOUD. Where I previously kept the iPhone volume setting at 1 or 2 dashes down from full, I am now using it with the volume BELOW the mid-point! At full volume the Headset is just too darn loud!

Here are some pictures:

Seriously! You've got to try these things! I found mine at the local Radio Shack store for $4.99 on closeout!

Apple should have included a set of these with every iPhone Bluetooth Headset!

BTW, as a side benefit, the EarGel protects the Headset's earpiece when you carry the Headset around in your pocket!

Mark

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I have a Jabra JX10 that is missing the ear hook (which I never cared for anyway). I'm going to take your advice and stop by my local BestBuy this weekend.

-Chris

thedwp

Bronze
Jun 24, 2007
If you have the iPhone Bluetooth Headset, run -don't walk- to the nearest retailer that carries the Jabra EarGels and buy a pack! I read about the EarGels in another forum thread and -even though I was perfectly comfortable with the iPhone Bluetooth Headset as is- I decided to give the Jabra EarGels a try.

The Jabra EarGels come in a six-pack. One each of Small, Medium and Large sizes for each ear (left or right). I found the Medium size to be perfect for my ear. With the EarGel in place the iPhone Bluetooth Headset fits like a glove. The soft EarGel is shaped and contoured to fit like a custom earplug! The Headset is even MORE comfortable with the EarGel vs. without! And the EarGel moves the Bluetooth Headset just far enough away from the ear that I think it will solve the problem that some people are experiencing with the back edge of the Headset scratching their ear.

BEST OF ALL! The EarGel "funnels" the sound right down into your ear canal! It allows the Bluetooth Headset to be unbelievably LOUD. Where I previously kept the iPhone volume setting at 1 or 2 dashes down from full, I am now using it with the volume BELOW the mid-point! At full volume the Headset is just too darn loud!

Mark

GREAT idea! I was getting a little discouraged with my Apple BT headset, it was slipping out of my ear...I am gonna get these tomorrow!

GMAN901

Jul 29, 2007
:laugh2: Thanks for the tip! It sure looks ugly on the headset, but if it works... it almost looks like something women keep in their drawers at the side of their beds.

robbonds

Jul 5, 2007
bought them at radio shak for $5

but they didn't work for me..eturned Apple head set..keep plantronics 655 - its the only 1 i can get to stay in my ear

ItalianBoston

Bronze
Aug 9, 2007
I have the Apple BT and the Java EarGels. I love the BT Headset but I cant keep the thing in my ear. The eargels work great but I have gone through 2 of the medium ones because they keep splitting down the side and wont stay on the headset anymore, so I dunno what to do, the large it too big for my ear, I may have to return the Apple BT and try the Jawbone, any one have any suggestions?

TheHitt

Aug 14, 2007
advice

I bought the Apple headset they returned it. I didn't like having the thing in my ear, it stayed in fine buy hurt my ear.

I bought the jawbone and also returned that. It is waaay to big to wear IMO. Sometimes I will wear the headset for a few hours if I know I'm getting lots of calls. I would feel like an ass wearing the jawbone. Besides that, I also found it uncomfortable and despite what I expected, the incoming sound was very "tinny" where as the Apple and my old set sound very natural.

Currently I am back to my old jabra. It works well and I don't even know I'm wearing it. I just want something real sleek to replace it now.

On a side note. I think I was pushing the Apple headset too far into my ear. My parents are in India right now so I'm gonna ask them to grab me one. Things like that are real cheap there so I'll give it another try.

Oct 24, 2007
Damn i cant find these things anywhere...

Actually I found them at Radioshack, was excited until i realized they were slightly different from the pictures posted here.

They slip off of the headset because they don't have that tiny extra lip at the very bottem which looks like would be the trick.

Anyone know where i can order them that will have that little lip?

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
I forgot to pick these up. If someone locates them, please let me know. I have a Jabra JX10 with a missing hook (which I never cared for anyway). I can bring that headset back to life with a set of these.

-Chris

skiz420

Bronze
Jul 28, 2007
Boston
i was just reading reviews for bluetooth headsets and i came across one review that said these eargels also work on the jawbone and make it much more secure

scandalex

Silver
Sep 16, 2007
i was just reading reviews for bluetooth headsets and i came across one review that said these eargels also work on the jawbone and make it much more secure
They actually work on a lot of different headsets. Personally I think the design of most in-ear headsets dispicable. Wearing one for a few hours shouldnt cause such extreme discomfort. It makes me wonder if the designers have elepant ears and thinks the rest of us do too.

The one I am currently using that feels wonderful and doesn't require the Jabra eargels is Bluetooth® Headset H680 (Midnight Black)

Talk time (on the box) is rated at 9 hours; which is definitely what I need. AT&T store sells it for $85. I'm sure it can be gotten for cheaper. The reviews of it are so-so, but my actual perfomance has not been bad.

The earhook is a clear flexible plastic; not like the flimsy one for the JX-10. I can wear this thing for hours and it's so light that I really do forget I have it on.

BTW- Its by Motorola.

Last edited by a moderator: