Jabra jx10

Jul 23, 2007
I purchased a Jabra jx10 a week or so ago (ebay $25 NIB), but have gotten complaints about static and even I hear clicking. Seems to sync well and is easy to use, with a nice little base to charge.

Wondering if the firmware is upgradeable on this thing? has a USB adapter (charger) . Been googling, haven't really found much but there was an old thread somewhere about a firmware update for the jx10, but then the trail goes cold.

This would be an awesome unit if people could hear me... I'm looking at Jawbone now (if I can't fix).

TIA

Marianne

Zealot
Jul 16, 2007
Massachusetts
marianneschultz.com
that is a great price for that headset. in fact, it's just about too good to be true. are you sure it's not a knock-off? i've heard nothing but good things about the sound quality of the jx-10, so the static and clicking and where you bought it can often add up to a counterfeit item, unfortunately. :(

chris

Administrator
Administrator
Jun 10, 2006
Long Island, NY
The Jabra JX10 is a great headset and you certainly should not have static compliants. I'd contact the eBay seller -- or see if Jabra will honor some sort of warranty. It's a good headset when working.

I've heard good things about the Jawbone, but haven't used it myself.

Good luck.
-Chris

Jul 23, 2007
Thanks for the replies.

Price was really good from a seller with good feedback and a long membership, though far from a power seller. The box and all seems legit.

I then googled some reviews (after hearing static complaints) and saw a few bad user reviews on cnet (here, here, here) that seemed to 'echo' my results. So YMMV with this unit.

But one review (was 1 yr old) mentioned a sound problem that Jabra was aware of and fixing for a Treo (IIRC). That made me wonder about a FW upgrade. Looking at the box, it appears, perfect but aged. It looks as though it was never used but maybe purchase a year ago, again making me think it might have an older FW.