Jail-breaking Apple TV

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Nosaj13

Feb 27, 2009
absolutely. jailbreak..install XBMC and icefilms addon. You'll then have free access to all movies and tv shows. think netflix but better. I bought three of these and cancelled cable 6 months ago. have not regretted it one bit.

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
I jailbroke my Apple TV 1 a couple years ago, but I don't have any need to jailbreak my Apple TV 2. You can play all video formats on it without jailbreaking and don't need to use iTunes since we now have Air Play. You'll just need the Air Video app on your phone.

More information on the reasons to jailbreak an Apple TV 2 are listed at the bottom of this link (Plex, NitoTV weather and RSS app, web browser and XBMC media server capabilities):
http://www.redmondpie.com/jailbreak-apple-tv-4.4.4-untethered-using-seas0npass-how-to-tutorial/

Europa

Senior Moderator
Dec 12, 2008
Utah
absolutely. jailbreak..install XBMC and icefilms addon. You'll then have free access to all movies and tv shows. think netflix but better. I bought three of these and cancelled cable 6 months ago. have not regretted it one bit.
Hmm. I might have to check this out. Do you have real-time access to Showtime and AMC? If not, how current are the TV shows?