Jail Breaking into someone elses iPhone, question

esoin

Jun 29, 2007
Hello,

I have my uncle's iPhone. He wanted me to install the NES emulator. I have already installed it on my own iPhone. I figured it wouldn't be too hard, since I can just re-use my current phonedmg files.

However, when I run the iPhoneinterface.exe program on my uncle's iPhone (which is connected to my computer, not his), it says:

Waiting for phojne... established.
iPhone state: Activated
Problem starting AFC: -402653150

---

I'm not exactly sure why this is happening. However, it could be due to a few things:

- Uncle's iPhone is still version 1.0. I was thinking of updating it for him, on my computer, but I am afraid he will lose all his information on his iPhone

- Uncle's iPhone is activited with his computer, and only his. (I don't have his computer)

- Uncle might be using OSX (I use XP), thereforee, the iPhone might be formated for OSX use, only?

I'm not exactly sure what is the problem. I was hoping somebody here can shed of light on this.

Thanks much,

Esoin

x999x

Gold
Aug 6, 2007
I modded my sister's phone on my desktop, and ran into a couple problems.

First off, you need to make an iTunes connection with the iPhone that's new to your system first. You don't need to sync, just hook it up, let your computer discover it as a new device and make sure you're able to connect to iTunes with it.

After that, just close out iTunes and you're on your way. I wasn't able to get passed the first step of Jailbreak on my sister's phone until I did that.

esoin

Jun 29, 2007
I modded my sister's phone on my desktop, and ran into a couple problems.

First off, you need to make an iTunes connection with the iPhone that's new to your system first. You don't need to sync, just hook it up, let your computer discover it as a new device and make sure you're able to connect to iTunes with it.

After that, just close out iTunes and you're on your way. I wasn't able to get passed the first step of Jailbreak on my sister's phone until I did that.
I'll try that, thanks.

But I could've sworn I opened up iTunes to see if iTunes sees the iPhone. Which it does, because it asked me if I wanted to update to 1.0 to 1.0.1. After, I tried iPhoneinterface.exe. Got the above error msg.

Could it be because I have the 1.0.1 update files in my phonedmg folder, rather than the 1.0 update files?

phiberglass

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
I'll try that, thanks.

But I could've sworn I opened up iTunes to see if iTunes sees the iPhone. Which it does, because it asked me if I wanted to update to 1.0 to 1.0.1. After, I tried iPhoneinterface.exe. Got the above error msg.

Could it be because I have the 1.0.1 update files in my phonedmg folder, rather than the 1.0 update files?

^^^ probably

scrowner

Bronze
Jul 4, 2007
There needs to be 2 separate phonedmg directories - one for each phone. I have done this with more than one iPhone and it only worked with two separate directories. There is a thread here about modding multiple phones - search for it.

esoin

Jun 29, 2007
There needs to be 2 separate phonedmg directories - one for each phone. I have done this with more than one iPhone and it only worked with two separate directories. There is a thread here about modding multiple phones - search for it.
thanks all for the comments.

I'll try making a second dmg folder.