Jail breaking with 6.1.3

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Prozium12, Mar 19, 2013.

1. Prozium12

Prozium12 Contributor
    Bronze

I've never jailbreaked an iPhone before so my ? Is it easy to do and can I still do it even though my brother updated my ip5 this evening to iOS 6.1.3 if it can be done can anyone tell me the best or safest way..

Sent using iCafe app

2. liberated

liberated Genius
    Gold

No, can't be done on 6.1.3. You are out of luck until Evasi0n is updated.

3. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Thread moved to iPhone jailbreak.

This jailbreak took several months and utilized five exploits in iOS 6. Apple patched four of those exploits in 6.1.3, so evasi0n will not work on it and it could be a while before we see another jailbreak. There is no way to downgrade your software, so jailbreaking your phone is not possible.

4. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

iOS 7 will probably be the next jailbreak, unless the devs have a few spare exploits up their sleeves.

5. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

They do have a few exploits left, but probably not enough yet to fashion a jailbreak.

6. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

Never trust brothers.

7. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

I know they've got a big exploit which they're saving so that they can still achieve root now that evasi0n's been patched :(

I'm happy with my 6.1.2 jailbreak, to be honest nothing on iOS 6 is that great anyway. Now that Samsung and Android are pushing out better hardware and software, Apple should follow suit. I'm starting to get a little tired of how iOS looks. I'm not usually one for change, but I think it's time. A few widgets and toggles would be nice.

8. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Apple patched four of the five exploits used in evasi0n yesterday. I'm leaning towards it's going to be a while, which sucks because we can't restore to 6.1 (even with blobs).

9. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

10. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

A couple key points taken from that article:

"In fact, the jailbreakers say they have plenty more bugs in their back pockets, already waiting to jailbreak the next iPhone."

"Those leftover bugs don’t quite add up to an entire extra jailbreak, Wang says. But they do give him confidence that with more research, jailbreakers will very likely be able to crack the next version of iOS, too. “Even if we could only find another one or two more [bugs], we’d still have at least one more jailbreak left in us,” he says. “It’s getting harder. But there are still a lot of vulnerabilities left.”

11. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Remember when the iPhone 5 wasn't released and Chronic said they could already jailbreak the iPhone 5... bold statement.

12. Europa

Europa Moderator
    Senior Moderator

Huh? Are you referring to the early alpha jailbreak that came out very short after the iPhone 5 was released, but had almost nothing working on it and still needed months of work to be ready for a public release? I don't remember Chronic saying they could jailbreak the iPhone 5 before they even knew what hardware they were looking at taking on. There is no way to jailbreak a new phone before having access to the hardware, so that would be more than a bold statement - it would be a ridiculous statement that I can't see any reputable hackers making.

13. Grayburn

Grayburn Member
    Bronze

I'm in the exact same boat as you John. Apple really really need to bring out a killer device with killer features this year as many, including me, are not gonna put up with another minor re-design with no real stand out features.

14. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

We can't even get easily-accessed settings in the notification center. Not a deal-killer for me, but I do wish Apple would loosen up a bit.

15. Grayburn

Grayburn Member
    Bronze

It would be nice if they just relaxed a bit and went all out on it wouldn't it?

16. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Chronic said at MyGreatFest that they probably could jailbreak the iPhone 5... A phone which they had never seen. A device with a differnt kernel and processor. I'll dig a link up later, made me ****-myself laughing.

17. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Amen brother!

18. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

"Probably" being the operative word here. That's a long way from saying they "could already jailbreak it." :)

I could probably build an airplane, but I'd have to see the parts first. :D

19. iphonewarrior

iphonewarrior Moderator

Yay! I love sharing something and having vultures tear the meat out of it! Just because something runs the same software doesn't mean it's going to be jailbreakable. Remember the 3GS with the new bootrom - same software - different hardware. Hence, bold-statement. I thought they were a little
    over-confident.

*trying to find a link when searching for #un-tether #iPhone 5 #chronicdevteam is quite difficult. And no, i'm not hashtagging in a forum.

http://www.idownloadblog.com/2011/09/17/chronic-dev-iphone-5-mygreatfest/

#19 iphonewarrior, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014
  20. Napoleon PhoneApart

Senior Moderator

There's quite a few "shoulds" and "should allows" in those articles. They were confident of probably being able to jailbreak the 5; they hadn't produced a jailbreak at that time.

"Joshua Hill notes that the Chronic Dev Team will strive to release an iPhone 5 jailbreak solution, once the handset has been released." (Underlines are mine - Napoleon)

Sorry to be a Debbie Downer - I'm just a stickler for details. If that makes me a vulture, then I'm all for it. BOOM! :D

Don't take this personally John - I pick on everybody. :)

#20 Napoleon PhoneApart, Mar 20, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 11, 2014