Jailbird - The new jailbreak for Win!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
That site tells you pretty much nothing, except a vague 'we're working on something' and a link to an IRC channel they hang out on. No offense, but based on the zero they've said so far on the site, I woudn't make any effort to learn more.

Also, with the track record of the Dev Team and WinPWN they'll have an uphill battle - especially if their current site is the best advert they can manage ...

Picazzo

Zealot
Gold
Jan 21, 2008
Copenhagen, Denmark
That site tells you pretty much nothing, except a vague 'we're working on something' and a link to an IRC channel they hang out on. No offense, but based on the zero they've said so far on the site, I woudn't make any effort to learn more.

Also, with the track record of the Dev Team and WinPWN they'll have an uphill battle - especially if their current site is the best advert they can manage ...
Yeah - I thought that too when I first entered their website, I'll guess we'll see some more soon!?...and yes, they are in the battle zone right now!

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Maybe we will. They'll have to bring something very special to draw many users though I'd think. The only knock on Dev Team solutions (several generations back) used to be that they were a little trickier to use - but now the way Pwnage and WinPWN are packaged up and all pretty, I just don't see what a new app is going to bring to the party.

I think maybe these guys will be looking to draw those who just don't know about the Dev Team solutions ...

difrnt

Jan 14, 2009
Maybe we will. They'll have to bring something very special to draw many users though I'd think. The only knock on Dev Team solutions (several generations back) used to be that they were a little trickier to use - but now the way Pwnage and WinPWN are packaged up and all pretty, I just don't see what a new app is going to bring to the party.

I think maybe these guys will be looking to draw those who just don't know about the Dev Team solutions ...
Jailbird is not looking to replace a Dev-Team solution (it is actually based directly on an Dev-Team solution), it's just going to add the functionality of the Pwnage-Tool to the Windows platform being as WinPwn is no longer around.

If you have any other questions you feel you need answered, feel free to contact me directly at: difrnt@difrnt.com

:cool:

patrickj

Genius
Gold
Sep 2, 2007
Austin, Tx
ipadinsight.com
Jailbird is not looking to replace a Dev-Team solution (it is actually based directly on an Dev-Team solution), it's just going to add the functionality of the Pwnage-Tool to the Windows platform being as WinPwn is no longer around.

If you have any other questions you feel you need answered, feel free to contact me directly at: difrnt@difrnt.com

:cool:
I didn't reaize WinPWN wasn't being developed any more, and just sent you a mail ...