Jailbrake to Contract

ndwgolf

Bronze
Nov 8, 2007
Phuket Thailand
Guys,
Yesterday AIS Thailand made an announcement that they have been in talks with Apple and will soon be offering the iPhone here in Thailand.
My question is I already have a OOTB 1.1.2 unlocked UK iPhone that i am using here in Thailand with my AIS Sim card along with a Stealth sim, as soon as AIS start selling the iPhones will I be able to use my iPhone on there contract just like the AT &T and O2 guys do
in other words can I go from a Jailbroken phone to a Contract phone?
Thanks in advance

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Guys,
Yesterday AIS Thailand made an announcement that they have been in talks with Apple and will soon be offering the iPhone here in Thailand.
My question is I already have a OOTB 1.1.2 unlocked UK iPhone that i am using here in Thailand with my AIS Sim card along with a Stealth sim, as soon as AIS start selling the iPhones will I be able to use my iPhone on there contract just like the AT &T and O2 guys do
in other words can I go from a Jailbroken phone to a Contract phone?
Thanks in advance
Yep, you should be able to. You would just restore and set up your iPhone like it was brand new.

--
Mike

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
Yep, you should be able to. You would just restore and set up your iPhone like it was brand new.

--
Mike
But his sim is a bootleg, wouldn't he need the official sim when he does the restore?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
But his sim is a bootleg, wouldn't he need the official sim when he does the restore?
It's not bootleg, he's using a stealth sim, and inside that is his genuine AIS sim. The main issue is that the original SIM has to have a corner cut off.

But either way, if he doesn't want to remain unlocked he can sell his stealth sim and get another sim. AIS will give him another (or sell for a small fee).

--
Mike