Jailbreak 1.1.2.?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

mrgrumble

Bronze
Oct 26, 2007
Strong Island, NY
So have they come up with an OTA jailbreak for the 1.1.2. yet? Something like jailbreakme.com. So i wouldn't have to downgrade to 1.1.1. and then install OktoPrep. I would rather not do that.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
So have they come up with an OTA jailbreak for the 1.1.2. yet? Something like jailbreakme.com. So i wouldn't have to downgrade to 1.1.1. and then install OktoPrep. I would rather not do that.
The TIFF exploit has been patched by Apple so this type of OTA jailbreak won't work on 1.1.2. So the answer is no.. Oktoprep + Touchfree FTW.

Hawk

Genius
Gold
Aug 2, 2007
ATL
Nope. The problem is that the TIFF exploit is closed in 1.1.2, thereforee, there is no "door" to come through to jailbreak with like in 1.1.1.
The OkToPrep basically holds a "door" open specifically after updating to 1.1.2 so that jailbreak is possible, but since it's not a exploit of safari, using the jailbreakme.com site will not work.

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
You just wait. In a week, we'll see an OTA jailbreak for 1.1.2. Then a day after will come 1.1.3. :p

- John

theotherallen

Bronze
Jun 16, 2007
haha. i realized how dumb i was when i was trying to re-jailbreak my phone after i had jailbroken 1.1.1 and upgraded. I had gone to jailbreakme.com and done the whole shebang with the TIFF exploit on 1.1.1, and even installed oktoprep on it before i upgraded. Then, as soon as a method was availbale for a PPC, i read the directions fully, and downgraded to 1.1.1 even though i didn't have to. But, to kick my phone out of recovery mode, I had to have iNdependence installed. So, i did that, but it wouldn't work because i have iTunes 7.5... so out of frustration, i re-upgraded to 1.1.2.

THEN

i found the Apple mobiledevice support for iTunes 7.4, installed that with iNdepedence, and re-re-downgraded to 1.1.1 did oktoprep, and then re-re-upgraded to 1.1.2

i'm dumb, haha.