Jailbreak 1.1.3 using installer

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I noticed that there is a new app in Installer that does the soft-upgrade from your phone, without having to ssh anything. Have any of you tried it yet?

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
I noticed that there is a new app in Installer that does the soft-upgrade from your phone, without having to ssh anything. Have any of you tried it yet?

Yes I saw that when I jailbroke at 1.1.2 along with the cleanup app, which I did you the cleanup after the 1.1.3 jailbreak.

I don't know if I have read of anyone using the soft-upgrade app, or the how to use it?

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
It's a rogue release, be careful with this. Could be OK, or maybe not.

--
Mike

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
It does work. I just upgraded with that software. I haven't tested anything out yet tho.

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Yeah I just saw this at Mod MY iFone

Good luck in trying to get on that site, it is always down.
yes that site is turning into a joke. Last month they said all the problems would be gone due to a new server. Looks like that didn't happen.

HORRIBLE, if trying to view forums (unless you like to take a coffee break between pages).

--
Mike

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
So far it seems everything except the locating feature in maps works fine. I tried installing locateme but it doesn't seem to show up when i install it. Other programs seem to work fine such as iswitcher and NES

KNK

Jul 22, 2007
Stevenson Ranch
yes that site is turning into a joke. Last month they said all the problems would be gone due to a new server. Looks like that didn't happen.

HORRIBLE, if trying to view forums (unless you like to take a coffee break between pages).

--
Mike

I just tried like 6 times to read the MORE page to copy the howto, but it just crashes each time. But they were saying how to use that installer version

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Just tried this method on another iPhone and it seems to work fine. I'll report back if I have any issues. For those of you who can't access the "Read More", it states that you must have the following, prior to running this softupgrade:

1. A jailbroken 1.1.2 phone
2. The latest version of BSD (version 2.0).
3. The latest version of Installer (version 3.0b10)
4. Autolock set to Never.

It's recommend that you do this over a wifi connection.

The entire process took about 20 mins. I still have to create symlinks to fix the syncing issue, and of course use LocateMe to get Google Locator to work.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
It does work. I just upgraded with that software. I haven't tested anything out yet tho.
Could you please try google maps locator, and more importantly, try to sync your contacts and calendar with iTunes. They were reports that contacts don't sync. Let us know. thanks

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
Are you referring to the contact syncing issue? If so, how do you create symlinks?
Yep, I am referring to syncing contacts, mail, bookmarks, etc. See this link on how to fix it (thanks Tinman):

http://hackint0sh.org/forum/showthread.php?t=25796

So far it seems everything except the locating feature in maps works fine. I tried installing locateme but it doesn't seem to show up when i install it. Other programs seem to work fine such as iswitcher and NES
Koolhand,
You're right..i'm having the same issue too with certain apps. Some will install just fine, others will crash.

koolhand79

Bronze
Oct 6, 2007
KILLA CALI
Well so far the apps that show up seem to work fine i just cant seem to get locateme to show up at all on the springboard. other than that and the contact syncing issue im fine. I don't particularly understand all symlinking stuff

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
Well so far the apps that show up seem to work fine i just cant seem to get locateme to show up at all on the springboard. other than that and the contact syncing issue im fine. I don't particularly understand all symlinking stuff
ok, so that confirms the installer jailbreak also has contact syncing issues.

sab3083

Oct 4, 2007
i just used this method, and i go to installer and all my 3rd party apps are still listed as being installed from before, but theyre not on the springboard. what do i do to get them to work and show up on springboard?

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
i just used this method, and i go to installer and all my 3rd party apps are still listed as being installed from before, but theyre not on the springboard. what do i do to get them to work and show up on springboard?
Uninstall then and re-install them. It should work. Also, please try to create a new contact in your iPhone and sync it with iTunes to see if it works and report to us. thanks

sab3083

Oct 4, 2007
ugh i gotta reinstall everything, man this is going to take hours