Jailbreak 1.1.4 iPhone...potential issues?

philhh

Bronze
Jul 30, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've been lurking here for a little bit. I have an iPhone upgraded to 1.1.4 and have never modded it...but suddenly I'm tempted.

Any potential issues with doing so? Does it still risk bricking or not being ever upgradeable/compatible with Apple upgrades down the line? Or are things pretty reversible at this point?

I just want to know the risks before attempting anything...

Thanks in advance!

-Phil

Bone

Zealot
Gold
Feb 11, 2008
bricking the iPhone is more of a myth than truth these days. If you do your reserch then every thing should be just fine. ZiPhone just released 3.0 so its the best time ever to jailbreak. Good luck!

And any hicups you run into u can always ask.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
i jailbroke mine and it was running 1.1.4. only issue i had was getting customize to work but it only took me a couple hours to figure it out. try it out, do some research on the site, and you should be able to figure it out. if not, you can always restore it back to how you had it.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
Hey Guys,

I've been lurking here for a little bit. I have an iPhone upgraded to 1.1.4 and have never modded it...but suddenly I'm tempted.

Any potential issues with doing so? Does it still risk bricking or not being ever upgradeable/compatible with Apple upgrades down the line? Or are things pretty reversible at this point?

I just want to know the risks before attempting anything...

Thanks in advance!

-Phil
just to drive home the point of the others above, I've been jailbroken on 1.1.4 for as long as it's been available and I have not had a problem at all.

emhcee

Bronze
Apr 4, 2008
I'm curious too... and what I haven't seen is any discussion of how a phone that's been jailbroken (is that a word?) will play when any new apps become available after the software update in June.

Is it conventional wisdom that we'd have to restore back to a clean 1.1.4?

I'm not so interested in any of the apps out there right now, but I *really* want to customize the UI, so I'm leaning toward jailbreaking.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I'm curious too... and what I haven't seen is any discussion of how a phone that's been jailbroken (is that a word?) will play when any new apps become available after the software update in June.

Is it conventional wisdom that we'd have to restore back to a clean 1.1.4?

I'm not so interested in any of the apps out there right now, but I *really* want to customize the UI, so I'm leaning toward jailbreaking.
well, supposedly this new IPwnage form of jailbreaking has the potential (so they're saying) to be compatible with the new firmware.

Either way, what's the worst situation you can find yourself in? They don't work together? Just pick whichever one is more appealing to you (undoing a JB is as easy as doing a restore).

chcorey52

Silver
Dec 25, 2007
I have actually heard of a few problems i think with the bootloader? with ziPhone and i heard iplus is a lot safer