Jailbreak 100 Auto, via THE WEB

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Just visit jailbreakme.com using your iPod touch or iPhone, and follow the instructions. This will jailbreak your phone and place installer on there as well. Sweet moses this is cool. Now NO ONE should be afraid.

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
How does this work? Does anybody that has 1.0.2 try this yet?

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
What do I need to do before going to that site? I have 1.0.2 with Installer and about 30 apps installed and running already. Do I have to restore on iTunes first? And then upgrade to 1.1.1? Or do I just go to that site and auto jailbreak?

enigmanic

Silver
Jun 27, 2007
What do I need to do before going to that site? I have 1.0.2 with Installer and about 30 apps installed and running already. Do I have to restore on iTunes first? And then upgrade to 1.1.1? Or do I just go to that site and auto jailbreak?
If your phone is not unlocked, the best way is to restore 1.0.2, upgrade to 1.1.1 and then perform the new jailbreak method. (Be sure to back your stuff up before restoring). By the way, the new method definitely works...Erica over at TUAW just posted this article:
http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/29/instant-jailbreak-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/

el31415

Bronze
Jul 15, 2007
If your phone is not unlocked, the best way is to restore 1.0.2, upgrade to 1.1.1 and then perform the new jailbreak method. (Be sure to back your stuff up before restoring). By the way, the new method definitely works...Erica over at TUAW just posted this article:
http://www.tuaw.com/2007/10/29/instant-jailbreak-for-iphone-and-ipod-touch/
GOOGLE is your friend so use it and abuse it

No need to downgrade

just follow this and change as necessary adapt to the new web site

1. Slide to reach the emergency dial screen
2. Enter *#307# and then press call. Don't forget the asterisk (*).
3. Your phone will ring itself. Delete all the numbers at the top, press 0, then call. Now answer the call.
4. Press hold now and your phone will start ringing again
5. Press Dismiss and your phone will go into the Dialpad screen
6. Press Contacts from the bottom bar and add a contact
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as "prefs://1F" (no quotes). Now save the contact and click the URL. This will bring up your Settings menu. First, go to General, and change autolock to Never. Now go to WiFi. Choose your network and if you did it right you will see a Wifi signal on top of the iPhone.
8. Now press the home button, and do steps 1 - 5 again. Add another contact but this time make the address http://jailbreakme.com

Don't ask me GOOGLE it

GizmoDVD

Bronze
Jul 18, 2007

No need to downgrade

3. Your phone will ring itself. Delete all the numbers at the top, press 0, then call. Now answer the call.
7. Add a contact with a random name and homepage as "prefs://1F" (no quotes). Now save the contact and click the URL. This will bring up your Settings menu. First, go to General, and change autolock to Never. Now go to WiFi. Choose your network and if you did it right you will see a Wifi signal on top of the iPhone.
8. Now press the home button, and do steps 1 - 5 again. Add another contact but this time make the address http://jailbreakme.com

Don't ask me GOOGLE it
Im gonna give this a shot

adseguy

Bronze
Jul 1, 2007
Now NO ONE should be afraid.
Everyone should be VERY AFRAID. There obviously is a huge security vulnerability that's been out for a while now and Apple won't or can't fix. I'm a little scared to visit a few non-trusted sites (ie: google, cnn)

ciaran00

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
Everyone should be VERY AFRAID. There obviously is a huge security vulnerability that's been out for a while now and Apple won't or can't fix. I'm a little scared to visit a few non-trusted sites (ie: google, cnn)
Not after you use this, since it patches the vulnerability.

So like the man said.

Don't be afraid.

wildonrio

Gold
Jul 4, 2007
Provo, UT
Everyone who's done this check their youtube. Does it work? Mine doesn't, and I don't know how I should fix it...

MiataLord

Bronze
Oct 10, 2007
Orange County, CA
i restored my iPhone today to try this new jailbreak method, i did nothing for me, went to the link, it kicked me off safari and crashed, and i waited for something to happen, "nothing", i personally think it's a waste of time, i prefer the touch-free verison over the pc:laugh2:

tamakin

Bronze
Jun 30, 2007
Everyone who's done this check their youtube. Does it work? Mine doesn't, and I don't know how I should fix it...
Another case of somebody's youTUBE not working! Upgrade and risk the chance of losing all my apps? And possibly youTUBE too? No thanks! I'll stick with my 1.0.2 forever! No need to muck up a good thing!

dito

Bronze
Sep 28, 2007
worked for me. THANK GOD for this EASY jailbreak!

OJsakila

Jul 15, 2007
Jupiter's sulphur mines
Another case of somebody's youTUBE not working! Upgrade and risk the chance of losing all my apps? And possibly youTUBE too? No thanks! I'll stick with my 1.0.2 forever! No need to muck up a good thing!
yes I agree. Still seems a little shady, to me. I'll wait until I hear more.

Swagger

Gold
Jul 9, 2007
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
web.me.com

No need to downgrade

Don't ask me GOOGLE it
WoW, that is amazing! Who in the heck figures stuff like this out? A truly brilliant mind of course! M

iAttorney

Bronze
Sep 30, 2007
Houston, TX
this method worked great for me. If safari hangs, that is it fails to load the page after tapping the install link, force quit safari and try again. It took me a few tries, but when it worked it quit Safari on its own them after hanging a bit on the home screen, it went to the slide to unlock screen. Also, make sure to install BSD subsystems, commnity sources, and Summerboard (new). None of the apps other than summerboard worked without BSD for me. Also, I would stay away from customize. All of the crash issues I have heard of were caused by customize. also, make sure your auto-lock feature is off in settings.

On another note, I did all this and kept it for about 5 hrs. There weren't any problems, but I live by my phone. It I am down for even a day, that's money down the drain. Call me paranoid but I need Apple to service this thing when I need it. Plus other than summerboard, there weren't really any apps that I had to have, IMHO. Anway, good luck and have fun.

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
I did this and it looks to have worked great. However, I try to connect to my computer and it looks as if it is still "shackled". I have installer and have installed tons of crap. Is there something else I need. I installed openssh....

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I did this and it looks to have worked great. However, I try to connect to my computer and it looks as if it is still "shackled". I have installer and have installed tons of crap. Is there something else I need. I installed openssh....
what? what are you trying to do that you can't do?

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
I'm trying to be able to send files from my computer to the iPhone. I want to send such things as roms and custom wallpapers, etc...

what? what are you trying to do that you can't do?