Jailbreak 100 Auto, via THE WEB

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
I'm trying to be able to send files from my computer to the iPhone. I want to send such things as roms and custom wallpapers, etc...
once you install openssh, you need a program to access your phone from your pc/mac. pc - winscp (i think that's the name, you'll have search) mac - cyber duck. I use cyberduck on my mac if you need help. otherwise, you'll have to dig around...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Actually, this method fixes the TIFF exploit after you use it.

It does work, I tried it. But after a while, apps start closing out as soon as you open them. I restored and tried again, same thing. Modding just isn't for me.

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
Thanks for the fast replies!

Yes, I am aware of what you would need to use. I opened Independence and Ifuntastic and they both see the iPhone as "shackled" though. Maybe I should try this method again?

once you install openssh, you need a program to access your phone from your pc/mac. pc - winscp (i think that's the name, you'll have search) mac - cyber duck. I use cyberduck on my mac if you need help. otherwise, you'll have to dig around...

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
Thanks for the fast replies!

Yes, I am aware of what you would need to use. I opened Independence and Ifuntastic and they both see the iPhone as "shackled" though. Maybe I should try this method again?
This I can't really help you on; I've stayed away from iFun, and used iNdependence a little, but for getting files to my phone, I use cyberduck and installer. Plus, don't you have to pay for iFun now - 5 bucks? I know it's only 5 bucks, but cyberduck is free....

EJW2202

Bronze
Jun 27, 2007
Actually, this method fixes the TIFF exploit after you use it.

It does work, I tried it. But after a while, apps start closing out as soon as you open them. I restored and tried again, same thing. Modding just isn't for me.
Did you make sure that you got BSD Subsystem? I didn't have that at first and all my apps crashed also. After you put in BSD Subsystem it lets everything work.

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
Just tried cyberduck. Says connection refused. I'm taking it that this is probably another sign of it still being jailed or shackled or whatever you want to call it. Maybe I should just try this jailbreak thing again.

This I can't really help you on; I've stayed away from iFun, and used iNdependence a little, but for getting files to my phone, I use cyberduck and installer. Plus, don't you have to pay for iFun now - 5 bucks? I know it's only 5 bucks, but cyberduck is free....

Ramesh

Zealot
Gold
Jul 12, 2007
Irvine, Ca.
you need to change the connection type to sftp, so it changed to port 22. the user name is root and pw is either dottie or alpine.

also, make sure you phone stays connected to wifi...

FantaXP7

Bronze
Aug 12, 2007
Thank you good sir. I feel quite retarded because I had done everything you described in the past before jailbreaking was so easy. Thank you for your patience while helping me through this. Turns out my pass word wasn't dottie.

you need to change the connection type to sftp, so it changed to port 22. the user name is root and pw is either dottie or alpine.

also, make sure you phone stays connected to wifi...

Lincoln

Gold
Aug 11, 2007
Did you make sure that you got BSD Subsystem? I didn't have that at first and all my apps crashed also. After you put in BSD Subsystem it lets everything work.
I'll try that, thanks.

Think about it. When the iPhone came out, just 4 months ago, SSH, Terminal, everything had to be used for jailbreak and you had to be an experienced computer user to do it. Now, we can rewrite the firmware in a matter of seconds without ever touching a computer. Pretty amazing.