jailbreak a friends iPhone?

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
well i have a 3g iPhone running jailbroken 2.1 software. my friend, who lives out of town and doesn't have any clue about jailbreaking, has a V1 iPhone and wants to jailbreak it (mainly to use cycorder and Pdanet). as far as jailbreaking is concerned, i'm wondering if i could just plug his phone into my mac and upload my custom firmware onto his phone or would that screw it up since mine is a 3g and his is V1? if that won't work do i have any other options other than jailbreaking his phone using pwnage tool? i'm not familiar with quickpwn at all as i always have just jailbroke using my macbook pro. thanks in advance....

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
well i have a 3g iPhone running jailbroken 2.1 software. my friend, who lives out of town and doesn't have any clue about jailbreaking, has a V1 iPhone and wants to jailbreak it (mainly to use cycorder and Pdanet). as far as jailbreaking is concerned, i'm wondering if i could just plug his phone into my mac and upload my custom firmware onto his phone or would that screw it up since mine is a 3g and his is V1? if that won't work do i have any other options other than jailbreaking his phone using pwnage tool? i'm not familiar with quickpwn at all as i always have just jailbroke using my macbook pro. thanks in advance....
That would definitely screw up his phone.
To jailbreak his iPhone, simply do what you did to jailbreak yours. Update it to 2.1, make a custom firmware of his 2.1 2G iPhone.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
I have done this for several friends. What I ahve done is download a separate quickpwn app and a custom firmware for each of them and place each one into different folders to ensure nothing gets messed up.

seb481

Silver
Aug 3, 2007
San Diego
I have done this for several friends. What I ahve done is download a separate quickpwn app and a custom firmware for each of them and place each one into different folders to ensure nothing gets messed up.
That's another option. I jailbreaked my friends' iPhones before and what I do is going to their house and actually assist them in jailbreaking so they learn how to do it. I just tell them what to do and explain each step.

kenneth

Zealot
Gold
Aug 19, 2008
Texas
yes I have done that method aswell. I'm no pro at all I have many things that I don't know about but some people are truly clueless. How could someone have an iPhone but still don't know anything about it.

PepeRB29

Mar 21, 2008
8 mile
yah my friend is like that. i tell him all this stuff and he is like "but won't it break my phone?" i just laugh and tell him how much he is missing out on. i'll probably just make a custom firmware and upload it to his phone for him. just gotta tell him to back up all his crap before he leaves to come home.