Jailbreak a Success!

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
(3G 16gb, JB, 2.1)
So I had to let myself go off into another world today. While I was at school I JBroke my phone and it was a complete success.

Its pretty cool, but I honestly was expecting a bit more than cosmetic upgrades. I did see a few cool things especially the MMS app, but I cant get that running. I really don't want to deal with ATT.

If any of you have any cool apps, themes, sounds, etc.. that you want to share please feel free. I would love upgrades.

Also, whats the deal with installer? haven't been in it and im told i shouldnt. What is it all about?

SO please suggestions, suggestions, suggestions.

SikShift

Zealot
Gold
Jul 22, 2008
Bradenton, FL
Congrats on the JB! One app you might be interested in is the "Cycorder" app, it lets you take some high quality video, albeit with some rather large file sizes.

And Installer is like Cydia...only difference is that Cydia doesn't suck bawlzz like Installer does.

Youngbinks

Zealot
Gold
Jun 4, 2007
Atlanta, Georgia
Installer was fantastic in the pre-2.0 days. Now Cydia is the only real application to use for downloads.

I would recommend getting Cycorder as well as it works like a charm. I like using Quick Gold despite the fact that it does slow the phone down a bit, it's often easier and faster to use if you're looking for a number or contact or application in particular.

DuBB_B

Bronze
Nov 11, 2008
Washington
Yes, I definitely got cycorder. It is a cool app. I like snapture too. I did try installer and its very buggy. I guess we'll have to wait.

I do have one question: WHat do the different custom options mean in Winterboard? Mainly the bottom half of them. Anyone type this out? :)

Jun 19, 2007
Upper Marlboro, MD
MxTube is also a worthwhile app on Cydia. It lets you either stream or download YouTube videos. I've replaced my stock YouTube app with MxTube.

goobs22xx

Bronze
Sep 16, 2007
I've recently tried venturing back into the land of Jailbreaking. With the exception of about 3 days, I hadn't jb'd since 2.0 came out (but had been doing it since 1.0.2 before that).

I appreciate the app recommendations in this thread. Are their any other functionality upgrades that you guys would recommend? I remembered mxtube, which I will be downloading now, as well as Cycorder. Any others? I'm not really a gamer, but do appreciate my phone doing what most modern phones can do anyway (hence my trek back to the JB side of things).

tiguy99

Bronze
Nov 28, 2007
Chicago
(3G 16gb, JB, 2.1)
So I had to let myself go off into another world today. While I was at school I JBroke my phone and it was a complete success.

Its pretty cool, but I honestly was expecting a bit more than cosmetic upgrades. I did see a few cool things especially the MMS app, but I cant get that running. I really don't want to deal with ATT.

If any of you have any cool apps, themes, sounds, etc.. that you want to share please feel free. I would love upgrades.

Also, whats the deal with installer? haven't been in it and im told i shouldnt. What is it all about?

SO please suggestions, suggestions, suggestions.
I've been away from this stuff for a while but I did the same thing earlier this week when I picked up my 3G on Tues. Anyways I'm about to update to 2.2. So far I'm loving everything about my 3G minus the stupid lag while typing... Like right now. Oh yeah Installer sux now. What the heck happened?

I wish I still had my first gen iPhone laying around. I liked the installer on there vs the one out now plus I have this feeling 1.1.4 ran a heck of a lot better vs 2.xx

connie

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 11, 2007
So Cal
I can't live without Catagories. You can keep your apps in files, i.e. games, photo apps, etc. It cleans up your screens so you don't have tons of pages, everything is filed away in their neat little folders.