Jailbreak advice before selling iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Jailbreak' started by Marianne, Jan 14, 2012.

1. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

I upgraded to the iPhone 4S and am getting ready to sell my iPhone 4, which is currently jailbroken and unlocked on iOS 4.3.2 and the 1.59.00 baseband.

I know there's an untethered jailbreak for iOS 5.0.1 out now and as I understand it, it would be possible to update to iOS 5.0.1 and preserve the existing 1.59.00 baseband and jailbreak and unlock it (using Ultrasn0w).

What do you think will be the most attractive to potential buyers? I definitely want to keep it unlocked with the 1.59.00 baseband to appeal to T-Mobile users (I plan to try to sell it locally through Craigslist first). Should I keep it at 4.3.2? Or upgrade to 5.0.1 and do the untethered jailbreak? Or go to an iOS in between (like 4.3.5)? Cydia shows me that my SHSH blobs are saved for all of them.

2. fijiman

fijiman Contributor
    Silver

5.0.1fw with 1.59.0 baseband would be the best option ....:)

3. Marianne

Marianne Zealot

Thanks for the advice. I decided to take the jump and upgrade it to iOS 5.0.1. and preserve the 1.59.00 baseband. Worked like a charm! Going to get a prepaid T-Mobile microsim today to verify the Ultrasn0w unlock and then put it up for sale.