Jailbreak and installed AppTap on 1.1.1!

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I really need to run out to work, but I wanted to report my success following the instructions at http://iPhonealley.com.

I have installer.app (apptap), and ssh installed on 1.1.1, I haven't tried installing any apps yet to see what still works due to the new frameworks, but its there! I'm set!

Cheers!

Rich

rumpelgeist

Bronze
Jun 20, 2007
Glad to hear!

Now when it becomes as easy as it was with 1.0.2 to install AppTapp, I'll upgrade to 1.1.1 and do it that way!

:cool:

Rumpelgeist

tdefriez

Bronze
Jul 2, 2007
Anyone tested this with iPhoneSimFree

I know it is supposed to be OK with AT&T and 1.1.1 (3rd party activation still needed with other vendors) but has anyone tried it

williamrob42

Bronze
Jul 25, 2007
I appreciate the information on jailbreaking, but after looking at the instructions, i must admit I would be afraid to try it on the phone. I guess I will wait for Apple for applications. Maybe by Christmas ;)

SpongebObiWan

Bronze
Aug 25, 2007
Hi Everyone,

I really need to run out to work, but I wanted to report my success following the instructions at http://iPhonealley.com.

I have installer.app (apptap), and ssh installed on 1.1.1, I haven't tried installing any apps yet to see what still works due to the new frameworks, but its there! I'm set!

Cheers!

Rich
Holy crap, Batman! If you follow the jump to the actual instructions, that's still an awfuly large amount of effort to jailbreak at this time. Perhaps in the days to come, the DevTeam will construct a more simplified method; I hope! :p

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
I don't understand.

I don't understand one thing.

At the beginning, he mentioned "Do not use iNdependence for activation."
However, on the step for install SSH, he's asking to use iNdependence and activate it.

Is it safe? I don't want to have brick.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
I don't understand one thing.

At the beginning, he mentioned "Do not use iNdependence for activation."
However, on the step for install SSH, he's asking to use iNdependence and activate it.

Is it safe? I don't want to have brick.
I think the author has only tried it one way and doesn't want people to get themselves into a situation that they may not know how to get out of. You don't want to use Independence for activation or jailbreaking on 1.1.1, but once 1.1.1 is jailbreaked, independence works just fine for getting SSH installed.

It was safe for me, but a few of the steps would take a bit of tech savvy..

I doubt you can brick a phone unless you are flashing the baseband.. at the very worst you would need to force a restore to get back in businesss. By no means am I suggesting that someone without extensive technical knowledge try this at this point.

So Far here is what I know works in 1.1.1

Lights Off
TTR
VNotes
Fivedice

Tinman

Evangelist
Gold
Jul 16, 2007
Aridzona
Anyone get this to works on a Windows box?

Also, Niacin's IRC channel is now saying a jailbreak solution will be released in less than 60 minutes...

--
Mike

BWGrapher

Bronze
Jun 19, 2007
Question again.

Actually, I'm following this method.
On the installing SSH part, how can I know iPhone's IP address?
I tried to this.
I connected my iPhone via wirelss to my router, and I could see the ip address on iPhone in the Wi-Fi setting menu.
Then I typed this ip address, but terminal keep telling me "Connection refused."

How can I know iPhone's ip address and how can I connect to iPhoen SSH?

Jan 11, 2007
Cary, NC
I guess I've about decided not to mod my iPhone this time around. I did like some of the apps available, but not enough to go through the trouble of doing this everytime Apple releases an update. I've convinced myself just to be happy with what Apple provides us on the iPhone augmented by Web apps.

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Actually, I'm following this method.
On the installing SSH part, how can I know iPhone's IP address?
I tried to this.
I connected my iPhone via wirelss to my router, and I could see the ip address on iPhone in the Wi-Fi setting menu.
Then I typed this ip address, but terminal keep telling me "Connection refused."

How can I know iPhone's ip address and how can I connect to iPhoen SSH?
It should work if everything has been smooth to that point.. I believe the instructions left out a step, like rebooting after installing SSH maybe?

Maybe the SSH daemon isn't running yet!~ Otherwise that is correct, you just check the ip address under the WIFI setting menu... I'm assuming you followed all of the steps up until that point.

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
I think the author has only tried it one way and doesn't want people to get themselves into a situation that they may not know how to get out of. You don't want to use Independence for activation or jailbreaking on 1.1.1, but once 1.1.1 is jailbreaked, independence works just fine for getting SSH installed.

It was safe for me, but a few of the steps would take a bit of tech savvy..

I doubt you can brick a phone unless you are flashing the baseband.. at the very worst you would need to force a restore to get back in businesss. By no means am I suggesting that someone without extensive technical knowledge try this at this point.

So Far here is what I know works in 1.1.1

Lights Off
TTR
VNotes
Fivedice
Good work! Does Customize, NES, & Summberboard work? And does WiFi iTunes store work?

THX :)

aaiphone

Sep 21, 2007
Anyone get this to works on a Windows box?

Also, Niacin's IRC channel is now saying a jailbreak solution will be released in less than 60 minutes...

--
Mike
From my readings at this time is only available on a Intel Mac machine due to the software used.... I just went out and bought an iMac (maybe that is the plan for Apple... lock the device and the only way to unlock it is to use a Mac) Ohh well... I have not performed the jailbreak on 1.1.1 yet but I do have custom ringtones on my 1.1.1 using MakeiPhoneRingtone and iTunes 7.4.0....

RchGrav

Bronze
Jun 8, 2007
Good work! Does Customize, NES, & Summberboard work? And does WiFi iTunes store work?

THX :)
customize bombs out

iTunes works fine

I haven't tried summerboard because i'm afraid it may lock me out of my phone and require a restore and i would need to redo it all.. I haven't had the time to try that.

Has anyone else tried summerboard? Does it install and remove properly?

pn.md

Bronze
Jul 21, 2007
customize bombs out

iTunes works fine

I haven't tried summerboard because i'm afraid it may lock me out of my phone and require a restore and i would need to redo it all.. I haven't had the time to try that.

Has anyone else tried summerboard? Does it install and remove properly?
Thanks for the reply. You and ahduke999 are the brave few on EIP who have upgraded successfully.

Looks like some of the apps don't work. Reminds me of upgrading to new a OS and some programs aren't compatible...:eek: